• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Dragon 800 belt question

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Ok, season is well on and I'm curious what people are running for belts. Of course there is the high dollar belt from Polaris, but has anyone run the Edge belt with any success, the 080 belt?

How about aftermarket Gates or Ultimax?

Just curious.

sled_guy

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
I sell Gates Extreme belts that work awesome and around 60.00 shipped.

I have sold a ton of these belts with no problems. They are not double cogged and are a harder compound belt, I have never had one that slipped due to the harder compound, they hook up great. I have run these for years on my personal sleds varying from 700, 800, to 900's in the Gen II, Edge, IQ, and Raw chassis.

My husband and I have been running the 080 belt on our Assault at the hillclimb races and while testing and have had no problems with it. Our tech guy recommended using it for the races because it would warm up faster for the quick runs up the hill. We have not however used it for an extensive amount of time, like a full day of back country riding so who knows if it would still work as good. I will say however that the high dollar belt (115?) does hold up quite well. I slid down a hill backwards at Afton and smoked it a little but you can't even tell. No slipping at all

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
i got about 900 miles out of my first 1115 put a 1080 and did not even get 200 miles out of it. im back to 1115 never tried any others probably wont i dont care if i have buy a 150 dollar belt if it last around 1000 miles.

Premium Features