• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bent or broken steering post on 08 dragon?

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Alright I have been lucky , my 08 D8 still kicks A$$. But how many have had problems bending steeringposts without rollovers. mine gets ridden hard but has not been rolled, and my steering post is bent bad enough I am worried about the way it will react to the way I like to use it???

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm on my third steering post on my 07 D7. The first time it broke just from jumping huge cornices (well they were big to me). Polaris actually covered it under warranty. The 2nd time I hit a rock so hard that I broke the steering post (not to mention a few of my body parts). I did that one on my own. I can tell you that you will do your 2nd steering post much quicker than your first! ;)

You have to pull the motor in that sled as the steering is underneath the motor mount. Make sure you label all of your wiring componets (quick iPhone pics helped me a ton). One very important note!!!!! --- Adjust your steering before you put the motor back in. Some of the adjustment is on the outside, but the alignment is on the inside.

Premium Features