• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summarizing 2017 RMK 800.

Hey guys,

I work in the shipping industry. Unfortunately I got called back early to my ship and my sled season is over.

I don't want to pay the dealer $150 to summarize my sled.

So can you all tell me what I need to do to summarize my sled? I am leaving in a week and need to get it done.

Thanks guys,

Ryan

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Hey guys,

I work in the shipping industry. Unfortunately I got called back early to my ship and my sled season is over.

I don't want to pay the dealer $150 to summarize my sled.

So can you all tell me what I need to do to summarize my sled? I am leaving in a week and need to get it done.

Thanks guys,

Ryan

treat your fuel, grease all your grease fittings, take your belt off for starters

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
treat your fuel, grease all your grease fittings, take your belt off for starters

do the above, clean the machine, fog the engine and cover it. you can spray metal parts with silicone if corrosion is a problem in your area. most don't bother, especially if stored indoors. if rodents are a problem in your area, plug the exhaust & intake. also add peppermint soaked cotton balls around the wire harness. don't know why but they love to chew wires and the can makes a great nest.

also some take the stress off the primary spring but again, not a necessity.

A
Jan 6, 2017
Alaska
Fill the oil tank up, gas the sled up and add Stabil, grease all fittings, fog the motor, cover the open areas with tin foil to keep mice away, put dryer sheets on the inside. Thats what I do, and no problems. I also replace my hifax so I dont need to do it next season.

Premium Features