• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MT Jefferson CLOSED

C
Oct 17, 2012
Ronald, WA
At some point enough is enough. If the feds are going to be hostile to us then screw their rules, boundaries, and whatever else they force down us from the likes of DC, Manhattan, and San Francisco. If they won't listen to us then why should we listen to them!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
At the MSA meeting this month we were told the Forest circus closed all of MT Jefferson
they were sick of sledders going into the north section that has been closed for a while
Nice they had a public comment period
:redface::mmph:

News to us.
Have heard NO WORD of that whatsoever.

highly doubtful.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
that's the lame *** excuse they used to close it, really they just want all areas shut.......don't kid yourself it will fast come to the point of painting sleds cammo and sneakin around I pay taxes, its PUBLIC LAND for my use, I don't tear anything up and the government will be shut down anyway lmao

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
that's the lame *** excuse they used to close it, really they just want all areas shut.......don't kid yourself it will fast come to the point of painting sleds cammo and sneakin around I pay taxes, its PUBLIC LAND for my use, I don't tear anything up and the government will be shut down anyway lmao
That was funny.:face-icon-small-ton
Which MT Jefferson are we talking about here?

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Mt Jefferson closed

I think a quick call to ISSA would settle this.

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Mt Jefferson Closed

ISSA is taking the lead on this situation. Mt. Jefferson is accessed mainly from Idaho.

ISSA has to have Montana start the litigation,
just as we are supporting them on the Greatburn (all in Idaho), we are not on the lawsuit.
We have to be careful how this is done , if it gets in persons like judge Maloy's court were screwed.
the think on this one that is bull is there was no comment period on this and Tester from Montana promised he would work with us on this as part of his job bill for logging and such , hard to believe a polititian lied to us.
Two weeks ago at our State meeting Howard from ISSA didnt even know this was closed.
This is a good example where we ALL need to make noise
Mt Jefferson is a major Corridor for sledders to get from Island Park to Montana riding areas and vise versa
make sure your all members of SAWS , BRC, Sledwarriors(idaho) , and your state sled club
many dont realize the money that the state club has for fighting closures
in Idaho the back country is supported by Sledwarriors
We need to have Howard from ISSA get Sandra Mitchel on here she is their public land guru and knows her stuff

feeze

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Regina, Saskatchewan
A group of 11 of us (5 dads / 6 sons) from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada just booked the Huckleberry Lodge the week after Presidents day (Feb 17-22). It is on the north end of Island Park on highway 20 by the Chevron Station on the east right corner (approx. mile marker 394).

We were told that we are close to west Yellowstone, Two Top & Lion's gate.

We usually ride Cooke City this time if the year, but we heard good things about this area. We are not interested in riding trails, only to get to the back country

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Such as..... access to back country, trail passes, any other info.

Thank you in Advance!

feeze

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
has there been any public acknowledgement of this by the forrest circus at all? Or did they just go and do it knowing the stupid ***** who is our new secretary of the interior would support it without question?

C
Aug 8, 2013
I sure hope someone is wrong here ...... i have a cabin i rent there all winter and spend half my week riding mt jefferson .......

we had a representative of Steve Daines at the last state meeting he actually was the one to let us know that Senator Tester did not support the use of MT JEfferson as he has stated in the past
there may have been some local comment time but nothing was posted for the general public
Start making calls and making noise about this
wonderning if im right or not will not help open the area again
all i can pass on is the facts we got at the state sled meeting
the west yellowstone and livingston guys all seemed to know about it
as well .

O
Dec 5, 2009
CDA, ID
No big surprise on Tester, he is not going to support sledding. He will lie to get votes then do what he wants. I dont know why the people of Montana keep voting for that Demo dumb-***.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
another wake up call for sledders to get involved....but most still don't care. Just a few can't do all the work, it takes numbers.

Look at the numbers on the forums.....4 people browsing the land use forum, 567 browsing the polaris forum trying to decide what pipe to buy. soon it won't matter what pipe you have because there will be no place to ride.

Last edited:
Premium Features