• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 800 pro /Silber turbo need some help

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
Just bought it and look for some fuel controller numbers,I ride 3-6 in elevation,never owned one, and really need some help setting it up

Last edited by a moderator:

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
He has numbers on his website for his fuel controller. Just work off of those they are a good starting point

I already found those, I was hoping that someone would like to share some setting as the way they tell you to adjust it has me confused, and I really don't want to seize it

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I already found those, I was hoping that someone would like to share some setting as the way they tell you to adjust it has me confused, and I really don't want to seize it

What exactly is confusing you? Id have to go to the shop and fire up my sled to get my numbers, but you should know how to tune with the controller if you plan on riding the sled as you will need to tune it on occasion. Maybe I can explain it better if I know what part of it is confusing you.

The green mode is your cruising fuel, so when you arent quickly jabbing the throttle or WOT or building boost thats when you tune off of that mode. The red mode is WOT, but that one is more to dial in the fuel settings, so when you are using the blue green mode (boost fuel) you try to get the WOT as close as possible and then after you get that as close as possible then you mess with the red mode to try to get to spot on, because the blue green is about a 10% increase or decrease in fuel, but the red is 1% roughly. I believe the yellow mode is quick jabs with the throttle so its the on/off throttle setting...

Let me know if I can help in any way at all more. Reading online it kinda confused me too, but then after a day or two of riding I understand the controller very well. Also youll be able to see the lights flashing on the controller when you are in that range. So when watching your AFR have the controller in site too and then you can quickly reference the two

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
What exactly is confusing you? Id have to go to the shop and fire up my sled to get my numbers, but you should know how to tune with the controller if you plan on riding the sled as you will need to tune it on occasion. Maybe I can explain it better if I know what part of it is confusing you.

The green mode is your cruising fuel, so when you arent quickly jabbing the throttle or WOT or building boost thats when you tune off of that mode. The red mode is WOT, but that one is more to dial in the fuel settings, so when you are using the blue green mode (boost fuel) you try to get the WOT as close as possible and then after you get that as close as possible then you mess with the red mode to try to get to spot on, because the blue green is about a 10% increase or decrease in fuel, but the red is 1% roughly. I believe the yellow mode is quick jabs with the throttle so its the on/off throttle setting...

Let me know if I can help in any way at all more. Reading online it kinda confused me too, but then after a day or two of riding I understand the controller very well. Also youll be able to see the lights flashing on the controller when you are in that range. So when watching your AFR have the controller in site too and then you can quickly reference the two
What kind of numbers on the afr am I trying to keep I think because of the 6 different setting is whats confusing ,I think I'm old school,and use to just 3

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0775/7767/files/11-13_pro_rmk_tuningpdf.pdf?3375560245485560491

learn it make copys have a mini one laminated and keep it on you or your sled, welcome to the turbo world, you are going to have to play with it, ever sled is a little different and how much boost you run and quality of fuel also play a role, less boost i found the less picky it was to tune, but ones you get the first tuning done, the green , red and red blue should be the only thing you have to mess with when you change elevation and make sure you write them down, I had two numbers a set for 6-8k and a set for 9500+ all i had to do was change them when i went to one of those areas and i was G2G. So set your boost, if you want to run 8 run 8 if you want 12 run 12 and dont mess with that part get it set and leave it alone! Have fun!! the first ride will mostly be a tune ride so just FYI, if you have never done it before it takes some messing to figure it out.

if this dont make sense....am a bit hammered ill try to correct later...:D

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0775/7767/files/11-13_pro_rmk_tuningpdf.pdf?3375560245485560491

learn it make copys have a mini one laminated and keep it on you or your sled, welcome to the turbo world, you are going to have to play with it, ever sled is a little different and how much boost you run and quality of fuel also play a role, less boost i found the less picky it was to tune, but ones you get the first tuning done, the green , red and red blue should be the only thing you have to mess with when you change elevation and make sure you write them down, I had two numbers a set for 6-8k and a set for 9500+ all i had to do was change them when i went to one of those areas and i was G2G. So set your boost, if you want to run 8 run 8 if you want 12 run 12 and dont mess with that part get it set and leave it alone! Have fun!! the first ride will mostly be a tune ride so just FYI, if you have never done it before it takes some messing to figure it out.

if this dont make sense....am a bit hammered ill try to correct later...:D
I couldnt find anything on setting the boost, I'd like it at 7-8,is there a certain,amount of marks to screw it in to for that setting

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
I think the lowest the kit would go is 5 pounds or so but i do remember that one full turn was supposed to be a pound of boost. Make sure you run a boost gauge to get it figured out i think the 8 pounds is about perfect myself thats what i usually ran, I did do 12 sometimes when we were climbing but again i had to have AV gas and tune.

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
I think the lowest the kit would go is 5 pounds or so but i do remember that one full turn was supposed to be a pound of boost. Make sure you run a boost gauge to get it figured out i think the 8 pounds is about perfect myself thats what i usually ran, I did do 12 sometimes when we were climbing but again i had to have AV gas and tune.

Do you always run av gas or 110,if so what %

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
your should be able to run just 91 if running 7-8 pounds of boost

The sled is quite set up already it has the a electronic afr,a boost guage,alpine arms and skid and fox pro thru out and a new 155x2.5 track, just need to get it dialed in!

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
The sled is quite set up already it has the a electronic afr,a boost guage,alpine arms and skid and fox pro thru out and a new 155x2.5 track, just need to get it dialed in!

you just gotta go ride it then!! tuning takes a little to figure out but its not hard! If you follow the instructions you'll be fine!

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
As far as the gas goes maybe I just missed it but what fuel mixture you run is entirely based off of boost settings and ELEVATION. I run about 30% AV in every tank, im running 7-8lbs and yes I could probably get away from straight pump, but why risk it, if you get any bad fuel or something this could help counter that out a bit too. Always better safe then sorry.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
What kind of numbers on the afr am I trying to keep I think because of the 6 different setting is whats confusing ,I think I'm old school,and use to just 3

Also on the AFR you want to aim for about 12.3ISH at WOT, every sled is a tiny bit different placement of the sensor in the pipe ect. Personally my sled runs happiest at about 11.8 WOT. And as far as cruising throttle mine bounces around betweens 12s-15s, 14-15 is safe I just make sure the varry the throttle on trail rides never ride at one RPM just to be safe

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
Also on the AFR you want to aim for about 12.3ISH at WOT, every sled is a tiny bit different placement of the sensor in the pipe ect. Personally my sled runs happiest at about 11.8 WOT. And as far as cruising throttle mine bounces around betweens 12s-15s, 14-15 is safe I just make sure the varry the throttle on trail rides never ride at one RPM just to be safe

On the afr, lower number is leaner right?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Corey told me plugs gapped to .019. Didn't ask about regular or iridium but planning on running stock plugs.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
On the afr, lower number is leaner right?

Like hardass said lower richer. So a 10 is rich and a 17 is lean.

The lower your rpm the leaner you can run the sled. Make sure you watch your gauges carefully, you should never be seeing a 14 or something like that at WOT. Run the sled rich to start, its a learning curve so dont expect to be an expert on it right away. I have 3 years of boosted experience and I still always run my sled a little rich all around rather then trying to get all the possible performance out of it like some people do. Better safe then sorry.

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
the guy that had it said he couldnt get rid of a low end dead spot in the throttle, any ideas what might cause that?

Premium Features