• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Altitude compensator

C
Dec 7, 2011
I have a 2000 700 Summit that has the DPM on it. The last trip out gas started coming up the 4 hoses from the carbs. This caused a extremly rich situation. It was all we could do to get back to the trailer. Any ideas on what caused this to all of a sudden start. All the hoses were changed at the beginning of the season so they are not loose.

doomama800

Lifetime Membership
Apr 25, 2009
Wyoming
not sure but when was the last time you cleaned your carbs? Might got something in them stuck the floats.

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
I have a 2000 700 Summit that has the DPM on it. The last trip out gas started coming up the 4 hoses from the carbs. This caused a extremly rich situation. It was all we could do to get back to the trailer. Any ideas on what caused this to all of a sudden start. All the hoses were changed at the beginning of the season so they are not loose.

so when i rebuilt my topend i noticed 1 of the large hoses was off that hac system so i hooked it back up when installing everything however same thing fuel in hoses occured and flooded ran bad so i unhooked the same hose and has run great since and not missed a beat wonder if i am missing some thing in this (large hose clutch side) been that way for 3 years one of these days will have to look it up in book. as my 600 has differant system as well as my 800's.

Premium Features