• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 won't run need help

M
Dec 31, 2007
Wrangell, AK
I have an 08 m8. It's had all the ecu updates and I'm running an slp pipe kit and bdx intake. I started the sled after sitting all summer on a cold morning and it fired up fourth pull ran great loaded it up no problems. Shut it off started it back up a couple more times working flawless. 6 hours later I uncover and go to start it and it doesn't want to start. Ripping the pull cord out of my hands like it's trying to fire the other way? Get it started and it runs really ruff. Will idle for a couple seconds at times and for couple minutes at other times. Gives me a temp sensor fault one minute and a faulty ingition coil the next. Also throws intake sensor fault. If I give it any throttle it dies. Doesn't try and rev up nothing. If I let go of throttle quick enough it will idle back up but at times just backfires and dies. Checked tank for water and it's spotless. Any suggestions or advice would be great thanks. -Curtis

M
Dec 31, 2007
Wrangell, AK
Alright I'll check the plugs. I've unplugged them to "reset" the computer but no luck. Last year I had moisture in the plugs and I dielectric greased every plug so I'll clean em out with wd and compressed air and dielectric it again. Thanks everyone for your help. -Curtis

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
what does that throttle safety switch do? Is that the piece inside the throttle block behind the plastic piece, has a little 'button' on it that pushes in? My sled this past weekend would intermittantlyh die......then start right back up, or sometimes never completley die.....and then start up. Obviously eletrical.......kept unhooking stuff until the wire inside throttle block fixed it, what is it? Do I need it?

sorry to hijack your post!:D

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
what does that throttle safety switch do? Is that the piece inside the throttle block behind the plastic piece, has a little 'button' on it that pushes in? My sled this past weekend would intermittantlyh die......then start right back up, or sometimes never completley die.....and then start up. Obviously eletrical.......kept unhooking stuff until the wire inside throttle block fixed it, what is it? Do I need it?

sorry to hijack your post!:D

that would be the one. sometimes the throttle cable will pull out of the hand throttle just enough to set of the switch. It usually also causes a little higher idle too. I have seen it happen from turning the bars real far pulling on the cable, throttle twisting or bouncing yourself off the bars.

P
Feb 9, 2009
have you found out what it is yet i had kinda the same prob with mine, it was the y pipe pushing down on the heat plate underneath it and rubbed through the wires of the injector and shorted it out and wouldn't run

D
Feb 12, 2009
Grande Praire alberta
check the fuse buy the silver box next to the ecu it should be 15 amps not sure but if wires melted you have to find those first i had this problem when i changed my air box to a black diamond box and i didnt secure the wires they fell on my pipe and blew the fuse.

Premium Features