• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragons or Summits? you tell me please!

D
Feb 18, 2008
langley, B.C.
I'm in the market to buy, deciding between the 08 800 doo xp or summit etc and the 08 800 Dragon, there's alot more "new" skidoos for sale any non-biased comments? Much apprecited!

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
Doo is lighter and rides more stiff. Also a belt muncher. Dragon smoother power, longer legs, quite a bit heavier on the scale but lighter feeling when you ride it, more nimble, better clutching. Doo with equal weight rider and a cool clutch/belt will probably highmark the Dragon. Dragon will smoke the doo on snow between hard pack and a little powder. its all in what you want.

J
Dec 20, 2007
Ogden, Utah
Have road both sleds, Dragon feels much lighter and much easier to ride...
Like the looks of the new doo better
Dragon is more dependable
I would buy the dragon if it were me!

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
There should be allot more Doo's for sale. Pol. only built a limited # of D8's. They both run good. The doo takes a few rides to get used to, but after you do you won't go back. It's more like riding a MX bike compared to a 4 wheeler. Deep powder, the XP will win, but the D8 will be a better sled on the hardpacked. I put 1100 miles on mine without blowing a belt, so don't believe all that. I changed it at 300 miles to the new 377, but 800 on that belt, and it still looks new. They are both good sleds. I'd go with the dealer who helps you out the most. Both had a few minor issues, but they should be fixed before the snow flys. JMO!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
well depending on snow conditions the xp may out climb the d-8..but maybe not..if you can toss around a rev or edge chassis like its nothing you will like the xp..if you want a nimble respond at thought sled the dragon rules....I ride a dragon..3 friends ride xp's they are nice sleds..light, fun, climb like a goat..but so does my dragon..but all of us agree the dragon outhandles the doo..anything that requires rider input is just easier and looks smoother on the dragon ...as for reliabilaty..2 of the doos have had problems(1 electrical gremlins 2 times requiring a tow the other got a driveshaft) the other doo has had handwarmers and 1 belt when it was new..dragon..1 handwarmer and 1 belt at 880 but it was a fluke..40 mph on a lake in 4 inches of soft...at quarter throttle...the dragon had 2000 miles the doo's ...1100, 650, and 350...but by far dealer rules..best dealer in your area would get my money...

T
Nov 26, 2007
Rigby ID
I own 4 Polaris's, but, last year bought an xp154. Zero belt issues (followed IdSlim's set-up/break-in advice) no problems at all. It is the best powder/climbing sled I have ever owned/ridden.
Just re-built my 800 rmk for the third time, love the sled, but, wont
touch the xp in the deep stuff (It is an 01 mod).
I never got to ride a D8, but, look at the snowest deep powder challenge
results, it sems the D7 was better (I know sometimes set-up is off, but, how
could they mess a good sled up that much?)

All that being said, I will consider another Polaris next year when I start
replacing my older (loaners/kids sleds) but will keep the xp...

Premium Features