• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 M8000 pic and spec's

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Well lets see DOO is gonna be dooing what they did in 2009, adding weight and trying to get the bugs worked out of the new sled. Poo will be in it's 3rd year of the Axys, nothing but maybe a couple of little improvements coming from them. So unless Yami is gonna blow us out of the water, lmao, I think it's safe to say A/C will be sled of the year for 18...

Who knows, you may be right, especially if the spring order model has some nice goodies. But regardless I think its plenty early to be calling it the best sled of 2018.

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
TNTCOPP

Also - why is a tether not a standard safety requirement on all of these sleds, regardless of manufacturer. I have installed 5 of them in recent months, it's a PITA because of where they locate the plug to tap into the harness - at least make that somewhat accessible. Yes I hope Cat reads these posts on these forums!

Anyways - good job Cat - about time.[/QUOTE]

Cat would definitely go bankrupt if they started to put their tethers on all of the sleds. Could you imagine how many warranty claims they would have with it. Unless they have changed them from what they had in 2014 and earlier. Now if it was like the OFT tether and mounted on the steering post out of the way Heck Yah!!

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
TNTCOPP

Also - why is a tether not a standard safety requirement on all of these sleds, regardless of manufacturer. I have installed 5 of them in recent months, it's a PITA because of where they locate the plug to tap into the harness - at least make that somewhat accessible. Yes I hope Cat reads these posts on these forums!

Anyways - good job Cat - about time.

Cat would definitely go bankrupt if they started to put their tethers on all of the sleds. Could you imagine how many warranty claims they would have with it. Unless they have changed them from what they had in 2014 and earlier. Now if it was like the OFT tether and mounted on the steering post out of the way Heck Yah!![/QUOTE]

Maybe they could copy Doo.....they have had that figured out for years.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Hmmmm... Having a hard time believing the heavy old Pro Climb could ever be number 1 :face-icon-small-hap
2278dd8549bc22e32e11d204e9ffa3c6.png

Even I could be wrong, once:face-icon-small-ton

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
They have stepped up and lost weight, this is the ascend platform, seems they have listened to their customers and given them what they wanted, so maybe I really wasn't wrong:face-icon-small-sho

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
Good looking sled. They still have those clunky controls and those handlebars. I dislike that setup and have for a long time. I wish they would just shrink some of that down.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
hey 89sandman, polaris had the better chassis before 2011 too:face-icon-small-win

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Maybe slightly but the cat motor was so far ahead it wasn't even a comparison which was the better sled.

id say not in 07-09. maybe in 10-11.
i even thought the heavy 05 900s were more fun then the boring cat chassis, maybe just me. 06 rmk600 all day over an M7 imo, just more fun.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
oh yee cat faithful... take a little journey back in time to the schooled series and watch the all mighty buradnt's progression from the M...
#dangle

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
The ascender platform with the new Ctec engine is now the standard by which all sleds are measured. Burandt is gonna need a whole lot of peanut butter to keep up:)

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
That's grey...

But in all seriousness. Cat cut corners on the shocks. They finally moved to coil overs for their sno pro trail sleds. But they are still sticking to the gimmicky floats for "weight loss" on the sno pro M's

I don't have a lot of experience with the sno pros and the float 3's but the evols are no gimmick. Those work awesome!

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
Good looking sled. They still have those clunky controls and those handlebars. I dislike that setup and have for a long time. I wish they would just shrink some of that down.

At least with the Cat controls on the handle bars you wont be famous on YouTube like the Polaris rider I think that stopped to talk to his buddies and another guy rode by and hit his reverse switch and when they took off the guy pinned it went over the front of his sled.

https://youtu.be/7BPt4UQAd7k

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
To each his own on the controls, hated them on the console on my pro's, at night in the dark you could never find them to turn on or off the warmers or the highbeams. I want mine on my bars so I can find and use them without taking my hands off.

Premium Features