• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Ascender Platform and 800 Ctec!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Looks like they covered just about everything people were asking for, couldn't ask for much more:) New motor, new narrower plastics and boards, drop and roll with 8 tooth, lighter. Thank you AC!!!

Not sure I would consider the boards, d&r and 8 tooth drivers new, all was available in 2017 on the mountain cat.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
As a current Ski-doo owner and ex-Pro rider I am excited to see the changes! I will snow check something this year and with all the damage Ski-doo is suffering it may be time to give Cat a try. Almost went Cat in 16' before I went with Ski-doo. Hope they get a lot of these on the snow so we can see if they are going to be any issues. That alone could be a home run.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Looks like they covered just about everything people were asking for, couldn't ask for much more:) New motor, new narrower plastics and boards, drop and roll with 8 tooth, lighter. Thank you AC!!!

Yep covered the two complaints I posted in the other thread. I spent a bunch of time playing with the sidewinder plastic, it's 100% better. I've heard rumblings the new motor significantly pulls on the zuk. Based on the 600, assuming it will weigh less. Wasn't the weight difference on the 600 10lbs? IF both the cold and warm startup issues have really been resolved, sweet!!!

Don't know the exact number but someone posted the King Cat hood is much lighter then the previous hoods. Obviously different intake setups, but it's probably a safe bet it's lighter on the 800 also.

I think it's a enough to call it new. The chassis is basically the mountain cat, but I think most can attest 12-15 and 16s are different. The axys is basically a raised pro with new plastic and motor. Chassis wise, I wouldn't want any drastic change from the mountain cat. That platform just flat rips.

The motor is a big question mark but man I'd hope AC learned from 12 and would not release this without testing it hard.

Needles to say, I'm super excited about this. Can't wait to see/hear more. Way to go AC!

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
This will get people excited and start buying. Then they will release a badass snowcheck. Hopefully not in primer grey..... So do I list the Mountain Cat for sale now or wait?........

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Very excited for this sled!

Some will just never be happy and will continue to be critical, but the fact of the matter is that the new motor is now here, along with some other very nice refinements to this chassis. I am very excited for this, its been a long time coming, and I know there are many of the Cat loyal who are smiling today. This is a step forward, the past is the past, time to look towards the future.

Stack

M
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
Hey! Listen, it's a 2017 Mountain Cat with a mix of the better and narrow panel from ZR6000 Roger Skime and King Cat, and a new 800 CTEC-2 engine based on reliable Suzuki 800H.O.... a GREAT SLED!

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
That is funny.
2280e092053424d2c2e00052a0d8d1a3.jpg

GS6

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I want to know what else is coming if this is phase 1?
What other colors because I'm not sold on primer grey
But what I heard is 15lbs weight loss? Not enough
Although you add a can and you in the 28lbs weight loss not to bad belt drive -and other 8lbs

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
There will be some other color options. Something a little darker for sure. I think most of the details drop tomorrow on this phase. The rest will wait until the dealer show. For the mountain guys this is a ripper!

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
A light sled is great. Loved my 11 and 15 Pro's, but I'll take weight loss last to keep a chassis that rides as good as the Proclimb and is as solid. Everytime I get on a Pro or Axys in anything less than a couple of feet of fresh all I can think is how crappy the ride is compared to my 16 Limited.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
This is A really good sign, like I
Said 15 lbs weight loss from
What I heard is a little disappointing still puts us at 460# give or take. Corrrect me if I'm wrong

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I'm sure new motor will be great ppl worry to much on hp numbers we just need to get on one and see how it is!

I really like the 33% more torque at low rpm and 18%increase in the midrange.

Hard to tell for sure, but looks like the same crappie controls. Easy to use, yes but too bulky. Had the perfect time of place them on the console with new plastics. Guessing same wire harnesses.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Yep covered the two complaints I posted in the other thread. I spent a bunch of time playing with the sidewinder plastic, it's 100% better. I've heard rumblings the new motor significantly pulls on the zuk. Based on the 600, assuming it will weigh less. Wasn't the weight difference on the 600 10lbs? IF both the cold and warm startup issues have really been resolved, sweet!!!

Don't know the exact number but someone posted the King Cat hood is much lighter then the previous hoods. Obviously different intake setups, but it's probably a safe bet it's lighter on the 800 also.

I think it's a enough to call it new. The chassis is basically the mountain cat, but I think most can attest 12-15 and 16s are different. The axys is basically a raised pro with new plastic and motor. Chassis wise, I wouldn't want any drastic change from the mountain cat. That platform just flat rips.

The motor is a big question mark but man I'd hope AC learned from 12 and would not release this without testing it hard.

Needles to say, I'm super excited about this. Can't wait to see/hear more. Way to go AC!
Not sure if I gave you the negative rating? If I did it was not intentional.

I wonder if there are more changes to the chassis than we currently know about? Not sure that new plastics and motor would be enough to consider it a new platform. I see one of the previously posted pictures calls the chassis lighter.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Did anyone notice on the picture of the new engine it has what looks like almost a place for a thermostate odciously not that but look where the power valve is on the side.
Looked at pictures of the 600 and even went outside to look at the gf m6000 and it's not on hers

Premium Features