• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evolution Powersports BIG CHUTE VIPER TURBO

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Evolution Powersports is proud to announce that we have completed the fabrication and electronics for the first of a whole line of No Compromise Yamaha VIPER / ARCTIC CAT 7000 Turbo kits. This turbo system is called the BIG CHUTE VIPER.

The heart of any great turbo system is the turbo and fuel/boost management system. Our turbocharger is a TiAL/EVOPS Billet Wheel IHI Turbo which is capable of 400+ hp. These are the same turbos that are dominating the Arctic Cat 4 Stroke mountain and drag race markets throughout the US and Canada. This turbo, despite its high maximum power potential, lights up instantly. Our electronic package consists of an EVOPS spec altitude compensated boost/fuel controller that is light years ahead of the currently available options on the market. Our controller allows us to scale up the fuel injectors to allow more fuel without affecting the off boost fuel mapping. We also re curve the stock timing map to make it more boost friendly and lowering octane requirements. The timing re curve also removes the need to install a head shim at this power level.

The kit also features:

• WATER TO AIR INTERCOOLING with BILLET machined heat exchanger
• LARGER FUEL PUMP
• COLD AIR INTAKE WITH REED VALVE BYPASS
• STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST
• SIMPLE INSTALL
• 550 CC DROP IN REPLACEMENT INJECTORS
• NO TUNING REQUIRED
• CUSTOM SILICONE INTAKE, CHARGE TUBES AND WATER LINES

More details will be released in the coming days and weeks.

P2173668_zps94323f39.jpg

P2173670_zpsf38d813f.jpg

P2173676_zpsa6eaca96.jpg

P2173672_zps118d69f9.jpg

P2173674_zps83c101db.jpg

P2173667_zpsaf68e916.jpg

Last edited:
T

TurboDickie

Sep 14, 2010
Western Slope, CO
Looks amazing guys! The billet heat exchanger is brilliant and a work of art. I can't wait to see this sled run. When do you plan on having it on the mountain?

homeboy

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2003
Chehalis
looks sweet! So what horse power is the big chute and at what fuel requirement? How much??

Last edited:
E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Here are pictures of the kit laid out. There are a few items not shown - our fuel controller, water lines, clamps, etc. As stated earlier, the water lines and charge tubes will be made from custom molded silicone.

The intake has frogskinz on 3 sides (not on the top) as well as a filtered reed valve as part of this system that is further upstream which allows the engine to breath even if the entire intake was 100% covered in ice. We closed off the top to keep the engine from breathing the hot air coming off the radiator.

We prefer to engineer solutions that do not involve cutting factory plastic or altering the exterior in any noticeable way. For example, our heat exchanger for the water to air is a billet machined part that will bolt directly in place of the access panel below the engine. It will not require any modification to the belly pan. The oil filter is still accessible from the mag side of the engine.

All of the factory heat shields for the breather, etc remain in tact. The exhaust uses all factory mounting locations. The turbo hangs on a direct replacement horizontal spar that is made from chromoly rather than aluminum.

P2183699_zps0ddd0a3f.jpg

Last edited:
E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Here are more pictures of the kit with body work installed. Note the smooth bend coming from the factory header pipe into the turbo. We worked very hard to make sure the turbo was placed so that this was a clean transition. It is very important for turbo spool and efficiency to enter the exhaust housing as straight as possible. Also note the factory heat shield for the antifreeze fill and oil breather are in tact. The front bottom of this shield will require minor modification for the waste gate actuator. Beyond that, the kit is almost 100% bolt in.

P2193740_zps7507da65.jpg

P2193735_zpsc6b76e50.jpg

Last edited:

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Thought I posted this yesterday, but cannot find my post lol

Anyway, what is the info on the controller you will be using with your kit? Will you be using some sort of piggyback or have you figured out how to reprogram the ecu to run it closed loop?

More info please

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Thought I posted this yesterday, but cannot find my post lol

Anyway, what is the info on the controller you will be using with your kit? Will you be using some sort of piggyback or have you figured out how to reprogram the ecu to run it closed loop?

More info please

Although it may be possible to control fuel, boost and timing through the factory ECU, this will not be the case with our initial kit. This could change later this year. We are very happy with our proprietary fuel, electronic boost (altitude compensated), timing and injector piggyback.

It is possible to run our system in closed loop. We have not decided if this option will be on the production kit. Closed loop is not necessarily the holy grail. The 1100T runs open loop at WOT.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
So intake is in the nose down low? If so I expect it to load up on the deep downhill descents we all love and crave after a large storm cycle.
Good luck with that.
CM

The intake has frogskinz on 3 sides (not on the top) as well as a filtered reed valve as part of this system that is further upstream which allows the engine to breath even if the entire intake was 100% covered in ice. We closed off the top to keep the engine from breathing the hot air coming off the radiator.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I'm sure a thru hood option if necessary isn't going to be that hard to fab up. I like the fact they designed a completely hidden system first. Lots of kits stay out east so they'll be happy with that. Thru the hood option pretty straight forward.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I'm sure a thru hood option if necessary isn't going to be that hard to fab up. I like the fact they designed a completely hidden system first. Lots of kits stay out east so they'll be happy with that. Thru the hood option pretty straight forward.

We will have the DD (not D&D) through the hood intake option for those who want it.

T

TurboDickie

Sep 14, 2010
Western Slope, CO

I like this setup the best. Great work. Breathing COLD fresh air will help keep the intake temperatures down vs. having an air filter under the radiator exposed to engine heat which will only increase intake temperatures. For some, having the filter pop through the hood will be a nice option to show off that they have a turbo installed :face-icon-small-win Its nice to see the thought process behind all of the aspects of your kit. Well designed. :face-icon-small-hap

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
Any updates on HP, Torque and Kit(s)... Please let us know ASAP ... This looks to be a very nice system! And of course pricing etc...

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Any updates on HP, Torque and Kit(s)... Please let us know ASAP ... This looks to be a very nice system! And of course pricing etc...

Right now the plan is to have the sled available for consumers to demo within 2 - 3 weeks. We will announce where and when shortly.

Power and fuel requirements will be posted soon as will kit cost.

homeboy

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2003
Chehalis
Drivechain adjustment ?

Was looking at pics again, not to throw a monkey wrench, but was wondering how hard and time consuming is it to adjust chain? I currently have 14 Viper MCX and it isn't easy. It appears that muffler sits back further on your kit than MCX and would have to be removed? MCX you must undo turbo and roll out to get into do. Just curious I have been checking my chain tension often because of Cats poor chain life and I don't quite trust yet. Ordered new 2015 MTX and looking at different turbo options and I really like your air to water intercooler.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Was looking at pics again, not to throw a monkey wrench, but was wondering how hard and time consuming is it to adjust chain? I currently have 14 Viper MCX and it isn't easy. It appears that muffler sits back further on your kit than MCX and would have to be removed? MCX you must undo turbo and roll out to get into do. Just curious I have been checking my chain tension often because of Cats poor chain life and I don't quite trust yet. Ordered new 2015 MTX and looking at different turbo options and I really like your air to water intercooler.

The muffler will need to be removed. This is part of the reason we chose to use a springs and a graphite bushing on the downpipe to muffler connection. It allows the muffler to be removed easily for serving the tensioner as well as provide access to the oil filter.

Premium Features