• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08/09 Summits

S
Apr 7, 2013
In looking at used 08/09 summits compared to both earlier and later models these sleds were physically lighter in weight then even the later models. Were there chassis issues that cause concern with these that caused design changes in the later models? Just curious why Skidoo added weight. It's not a lot of added weight but any weight gain on sleds like these is not desired.

A
Dec 19, 2011
the e tec is much heavier than the p-tec.

the 08s had alot of problems when they came out, bad cranks, sagging suspension eating belts etc. I would get a 09 if I could, but the 08 is great if the problems have been fixed. Since its 2013, most of the 08-09s running have been fixed and are running well.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
If all the issues like previously mentioned have been addressed, add a Tmotion kit C3 post froward kit and chromoly 36inch Aarm and you have an awesome sled.

To me the 09 Summit X blue/white sled is the best lookin XP made..

I have the Tmo in my Rev and narrow frontend and made a HUGE difference just wish my sled was a light as an XP to start with mod parts like anysled would take off even more weight..

Wildcard

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
i have an 08 and i really like it. 3050 miles on the stock motor and it still runs great. also have 2 other buddies with 08s. one had 5500 on it when he decided to tear it down and rebuild it, and the other one has 2600 with zero problems. they bend really easily. be careful when riding in stump and rock areas.

Premium Features