• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Insurance

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Has anybody else in Montana had an issue with their insurance premium going up after a claim has been made? Did the incident (or claim) only involve your sled and nobody else? I specifically asked the adjuster last spring before I filed a claim if my premium would go up and was told no because the incident was unseen and could not have been prevented. Now I received my premium for the next year and it has almost doubled. I asked my agent and when they called the insurance company they said it was because I had a claim. I have since found out that Montana state law prohibits insurance companies from raising a premium because of a claim unless a second party was paid out or operator failed to obey a traffic law or was fount negligent in a court of law over the incident. I am trying to find out if anybody else has ran accross this and has dealt with it. I have filed a complaint with the insurance comission and am waiting to see what comes of it but have been told if more people complain it would help.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
What happened to your sled?

A buddy of mine totaled his sled, insurance paid him for it, then dropped him. I think it was state farm, not sure.

I dont have a clue about the laws, let us know what you find out.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Had about a foot and a half of fresh powder and there was a tree stump that was about 6 inches below the powder that could not be seen. Bent upper and lower a frame and 1 shock. I was not even going to claim it but adjuster told me too as he said it would not affect my premium...

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
Do you have any tickets or other wrecks on your record? Try Warren Krone with Farm B or Tammy Quintrell with AllState. Both have been great to work with.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
safeco

just got insurance for 09 m8 162 SP with 100/300K paid $305 for 1 year
$500 deductible

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
$320/year on a 2010 M8, insured for $17,500 to cover the (additional equipment) and only $100 deduct with Tammy at Allstate here in Great Falls.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
how do u get $17,500

they insure for used blue book value, yes I have $3300 in xtra equipment , which is the highest you can go without adding xtra premium, so if i total it I get about
$11, 300 for it , it does have a $6300 turbo on it. $17, 500 is more than new price plus $3300 added equipment???? by like $2500.
I also have my house and my vehicles with Safeco. muti-policy discounts

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
With Allstate you insure the sled for what it's replacement value is then you have the value of the "add-ons". With the turbo, skid, vents, etc you are well over $17,500. She said all I would have to do is show her that these items are priced at the values I gave her if it was ever needed to be replaced by them. Everything else I own is through Farm B. They would not however insure a sled with a "added" turbo. Allstate had no problem.

Premium Features