• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tekvest or B Wear

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C
Nov 26, 2007
Looking into a prtective vest for this season and I'm looking for some suggestions, good and or bad. Tekvest or B Wear? I've delt with Rob from F-Bomb racing and would recommend him to anyone, just looking for your opinion.
Thanks

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I tried both.
I currently own the B-wear.
I would recommend it to anyone. It has saved my but at least 3 times this last season.

I didn't like the tech vest because it is so ridgid it hindered my movements.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Had a Tek, sold it, got a Bwear. Love it other than it has a left handed, azz backwards, dumb armed zipper. It was supposed to be replaced but never happened. I guess it still works though.

W
Nov 26, 2007
monroe wa
we use the evs j22 protection vest. Made for street bike riders. Has a built in kidney/back brace built into it. very comfortable and no more sore back at the end of the day. They run a little small so order larger then you think you wear. cost 120 shipped to your door.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Tekvest here; won't ride without it. Very comfortable and doesn't ride up, broad shoulders so a pack fits nicely and doesn't slide around on it. Run it looser and you'll stay cooler, snug it up and it'll keep you warm.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
tek vest........tried the Bwear but it was to bulky and cumbersome especially if you wear a pak

Really just try one on with all your gear and get the one that feels best on your torso. The key is to just get one, they will save your arse!

M

Macattack

Nov 27, 2007
Lake Tapps
I have a Bwear. For the most part its worked well. But not everything is perfect. I wear a backpack and often the straps slide off the Bwear shoulder straps and rub on my neck. Annoying at most. I think the Tek vests (Klim) are well better for backpacks.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Tech tesk fo rthe past 3 season, has saved me from injury at least 4 times. Very comfortable, doesn't restrict my mobility at all.

M
Dec 15, 2007
Moyie B.C.
Tekvest here; won't ride without it. Very comfortable and doesn't ride up, broad shoulders so a pack fits nicely and doesn't slide around on it. Run it looser and you'll stay cooler, snug it up and it'll keep you warm.

Warm is an understatement! Holy crap my Tek Vest is hot and sweaty....and I won't ride without it! As many have said, the point is to wear one....whichever you prefer. And for all you guys saying it's "saved my butt".....where the heck are you wearing it?(LOL):D

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Warm is an understatement! Holy crap my Tek Vest is hot and sweaty....and I won't ride without it! As many have said, the point is to wear one....whichever you prefer. And for all you guys saying it's "saved my butt".....where the heck are you wearing it?(LOL):D

Yeah, nice though, when it's warm out you can ride in tshirt/tekvest and be comfortable. They do get a nice funk to them after a season though :)

Trees and handlebars hurt... bought mine before i got my sled and i don't care how hot it gets i'm not riding without it. All about preventable pain.

Last edited:
T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
we use the evs j22 protection vest. Made for street bike riders. Has a built in kidney/back brace built into it. very comfortable and no more sore back at the end of the day. They run a little small so order larger then you think you wear. cost 120 shipped to your door.

is that one of the ballistics jerseys?

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
heres a dumbarse question: whats b-wear?
is there a difference between that and a tekvest?
anyone ever use a motox chest protector?

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
heres a dumbarse question: whats b-wear?
is there a difference between that and a tekvest?
anyone ever use a motox chest protector?

uuuunnnnncomfortable. Yea, works... but you'll feel a lot better w/ real armor

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
I currently have a Bwear sitting in the closet. Wore it twice. Both times felt like it was suffocating me.

Going to try a tekvest next winter and see if its anybetter. Though it would probably help if I lost weight...

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I never feel the heat from my tekvest.......

well I guess there are several different models to choose from. I wear the free style and can't even tell its there..........until I need it!

Premium Features