• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is there such a thing as a fog free goggle!!!

Hotboat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT.
We've been in powder all year and the fogging thing is really getting old. I almost totaled my sled be:mad:cause I could'nt see SH!T!!!! I've got the newest Scott goggle and after a few over the hood powder plunges they fog and the he!! begins. One of my riding partners has the type made for glasses and they seem to do better. I don't care how much they would cost I just need to see.

Hesdale

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
goggles

I wear the new spy goggles and they work great, but when your in that much powder and your goggles are covered in snow, Im not sure if theres much you can do. Wipe the snow off. And when we stop, we set the goggles on top of the spark plug wires if the goggles start fogging and let them dry off and they will be fog free...at least for a while.

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
I've got the new Scott goggles (with the extra thick foam and clip on rubber nosepiece?) and found that the foam holds a lot of moisture and the goggles would fog from the outside edges in all the time. not sure how to stop it from happening, other than not riding hard? blasphemy.....

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
goggles

my fogging issues usually stem from my breath coming up over my goggles. are you running a snowmobile specific helmet with a breath deflector, if not try a breath deflector of some type. i run scott goggles, and i like them, no goggle is perfect but 98 degree moist air climbing over a dry 20 degree goggle face will fog

Hotboat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT.
I've got the new Scott goggles (with the extra thick foam and clip on rubber nosepiece?) and found that the foam holds a lot of moisture and the goggles would fog from the outside edges in all the time. not sure how to stop it from happening, other than not riding hard? blasphemy.....
Same problem!!!!!!!:(

R

Raff_9001M

Nov 27, 2007
I have used a product called "Cat Crap". It is like a vaseline type product that you wipe on the goggle. This was the only time my goggles never fogged. Just Google cat crap. Mainly used for ski goggles.

Hotboat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT.
I have used a product called "Cat Crap". It is like a vaseline type product that you wipe on the goggle. This was the only time my goggles never fogged. Just Google cat crap. Mainly used for ski goggles.
I don't have a cat, but I do have a back yard full of dog sh!t. Just kid'en where do you find the cat crap stuff and does the Vaseline like stuff impair ones visability????

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
breath guard. also WPS sells a mesh bag you can mount under the hood. i keep one pair in there.....engine heat keeps them clear and dry. swap as needed.

S

sodfarmer

Dec 5, 2007
I have worn a pair of Dragons the past few years. They never fog while I am riding. They will fog if you stop and dig out sled etc. I just put them on the back of my helmet with my quick strap when I am working (ie digging out) and have little problem.

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
buy a fog evader, it's a neoprene facefask that deflects your breath down, no more fogged goggles!

Hotboat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT.
breath guard. also WPS sells a mesh bag you can mount under the hood. i keep one pair in there.....engine heat keeps them clear and dry. swap as needed.
The mesh bag thing is a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!This Bud's 4 U :beer;:beer;:beer;

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
buy a fog evader, it's a neoprene facefask that deflects your breath down, no more fogged goggles!
if his issue is the same as mine, it's not from breath fogging. seems that the foam wicks moisture from when you sweat a bit and then fogs the lenses starting from the edges close to the foam. my older Scott goggles didn't do it, but these new ones have the best coverage I have ever seen. they totally fill up the open space on my sled specific mx style helmet. just too warm maybe, or air doesn't get to the foam to dissipate some of the moisture, dunno. it is only a problem for me when it's colder than -15c while riding.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Cat Crap

You can find Cat Crap at outdoor sports stores too. It works real good for scopes and binoculars too. look at Sportsmans warehouse, Gander Mountain, Cabela's, or Bass Pro. Your local shop might have it too. Look in the optics section.

Premium Features