• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hear when the 850's might start hitting dealerships?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
We had an 850 delivered today. Got it off the truck, the truck left, Polaris called and recalled it 5 minutes later. Truck came back, loaded er up, off she went.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
We had an 850 delivered today. Got it off the truck, the truck left, Polaris called and recalled it 5 minutes later. Truck came back, loaded er up, off she went.

Ya .. I'm not buying that one .. how did they call the trucking company and make a pickup order, and confirm it was even delivered in less time than a coordinator can make out a request ??!

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Eh, I don't think so. Every dealer had an allotment, my dealer filled his, I heard that a large dealer nearby went over his and got them, but that is a one in a nation dealer. They knew how many orders they could fill last spring. There is something else going on.

More then one dealer went over there allotted amont I know of one dealer that will have between 25-30 850's for sale this fall had his employees ghost snow check them.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
More then one dealer went over there allotted amont I know of one dealer that will have between 25-30 850's for sale this fall had his employees ghost snow check them.

That's interesting because I've heard from several dealers that if they tried that move, it would be a "no no" in Polaris' eyes, which in turn meant some sort of sanction ???

It will be interesting for sure to see if or any dealers have extra 850's sitting on the floor.

L
Sep 7, 2016
Dealers are not supposed to do that, and it is a no no in Polaris agreement papers , dealers are offered "Hero Units" WHICH ARE SAME COLOR CHOICES AS SNOW CHECKS BUT NOT WITH THE 850

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
how would they know?

That have put a few tricky follow up procedures in place this year that never existed in years past. Also - you have created a situation where the dealers who played by the rules will turn in those who didn't. It'll be pretty easy to tell if any dealers operated outside the lines.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Killer time I sent u a pm.

That's what I thought what happens when 20 people back out of there sleds Polaris is going to know what the dealer did. It will be interesting on what Polaris will do.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Killer time I sent u a pm.

That's what I thought what happens when 20 people back out of there sleds Polaris is going to know what the dealer did. It will be interesting on what Polaris will do.

They dont have to back out of it. the dealer will take delivery as if nothing changed, then they will sell the sled and transfer the warranty to the "real" owner.

There will be several dealers with 850's for sale...... Just watch and see.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I was told that a thing of the past...2018 won't allow it.

$3000 fine if a dealer is caught ghost checking. Yes, dealers do it every year, but this year it is not allowed at all and is enforced. They know because they call every snowcheck customer on the phone and ask some questions to check. It is pretty thorough.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
That have put a few tricky follow up procedures in place this year that never existed in years past. Also - you have created a situation where the dealers who played by the rules will turn in those who didn't. It'll be pretty easy to tell if any dealers operated outside the lines.

Yup. If a dealer ghost checked 20-30 sleds, they will get caught.
On a legit note, my dealer has a REAL backout on a 163 850. Contact me for info. Guy had to move and couldn't take his new ride.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Me and a couple buddies never got the call, is it just a u.s. thing mabe ?

Premium Features