• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Meeting with McCall Area, Payette National Forest Supervisor

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Meeting December 14th with Suzanne Rainville (Payette Forest Supervisor) about the upcoming winter travel plan.

6:00PM at the Warming Hut at "No Biz Saddle Trailhead." It's only about snowmobiling, and will be attended by snowmobilers. Arranged by the Idaho State Snowmobile Association.

If you care about the riding around McCall and Cascade and New Meadows and Council, Idaho, you need to show up.

Map

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
Wade,

How long do you expect this meeting to last? I know how important it is to make sure our voice is heard on their plans. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it up there by 6 p.m. Is there an "absentee" representation method those of us not able to attend can add our voice to support snowmobile issues?

Brad

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
To tell you the truth, I don't know much about the meeting, such as the format. I was just asked to pass this on, so that everyone knows what's up.

Suzanne Rainville has offered to talk to sledders about the Winter Travel Plan. She is new to the Payette National Forest, so she isn't showing up with any preconceived notions. She intends to make a final decision in January. The entire meeting hinges upon us sledders remaining civil with her. She is meeting with every group that wants to talk to her. This is our one opportunity. I'm sure the other side got their opportunity.

I don't know if everyone can ask questions, or make statements. The ISSA is running the show, they just need a huge turnout to show they have support. ISSA is usually very happy to keep the questions flying.

A huge turnout along with a firm message about how important sledding is to us will make her decision easier. If nothing else, you'll probably hear a lot of interesting facts about this closure. Things like economic impact studies, endangered species, snow cat skiing areas, brundage expansion, lack of data when it might support sledding.

We stand to loose a lot of land. If the meeting with the Yellow Pine residents is any indication, this meeting could make a huge difference.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
New Message from ISSA:

On December 14th at 6:00 p.m. at the warming hut at the No Biz trail head, the snowmobile community is hosting a conversation with the Payette
National Forest Supervisor, Suzanne Rainville. Your attendance is
requested. Our goal is to give her a greater understanding of our issues and of how many people care about the snowmobile decisions she is going to be making after the first of the year. It is going to be a polite and respectful conversation and we need you to participate. So if possible, please come.

Christmas will soon be here and there are many in every community that are in need. We would like to help those folks in Donnelly. So when you come to the meeting this Friday, would you please bring some canned or dried
foods for the Donnelly Food Bank? Not only will we be helping out others
but we will be ensuring that our efforts on Friday will do some good. No
matter what the decision is on the Travel Plan; we made winter better for some people.

Thank you and I will see you on Friday night.

Premium Features