• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHR adjustable weights

I
Jul 5, 2001
Weights ?

John, if the ramps have a summit curve as you say and are the perfect adjustable ramps, then how come the clutch kit comes with a different primary spring if the ramps are the perfect ramps for the summit?

SUMMIT profile...
Base weight better than stock...
Can add up to 10 grams IN weight body...
Adding 25 grams to pivot bolt does not work...
I had a Pdrive all winter 2016 on a 800 etec...
Learned flyweight clutching from Olav Aen/Indy Dan years ago...
TRA guys???-BJ

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
John, if the ramps have a summit curve as you say and are the perfect adjustable ramps, then how come the clutch kit comes with a different primary spring if the ramps are the perfect ramps for the summit?

My kit does not come with a pdrive spring...
I work with the stock spring since most do not have the tools/know how to service the pdrive...
I do supply a QRS spring since the stock spring suks...
I do offer an optional spring if you like a lower engagement (rider preference) but that is all-BJ

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
there is an optional Pdrive spring to lower engagement a touch for smoother engagement/less trenching,,,BJ

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I did all my fine-tuning on the ZRP weights on the hill in 2 minutes flat . Once done never tough them for the rest of the season. Plastic pry bar and plastic block no problem for on hill adjustments. Just a heads up.

If BJ's work better wow that would be impressive.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Moderator note: Although you (BJ) will see the image most likely... because of computer configurations...
You will need to post a web based or snowest uploaded image for our members to be able to see them.

The attachments you put up are not viewable.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I can see that you are really trying diligently to post up pics for us here John.. much appreciated effort. Any attachments from your Outlook.office account will not post on most forums.

Christopher put up a great tutorial on how to post photos in your threads.

www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272493

Excerpt:
One of the nice things about the forums is that you can include as many photographs as want, and since this is a visual medium, photos can make a HUGE difference.

There are several ways to include a photo in your post, but the one thing you must remember, is that the photo itself MUST live on the internet for other people to be able to see it.

Just because you have a photo on your computer, and you do a Cut-N-Paste, and "YOU" see it in the thread, doesn't mean that anyone else will be able to see it!

Good luck...Keep up the good work!!

Last edited:
C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I got to take the sled for a test rip around home that I installed these adjustable flyweights in. Along with the other clutching that I did to it, new helix etc, this sled is now an animal! Wow what a difference!
I suspect the rpm at our altitude will be bang on since Im at 3200ft at home.
The owner of the 850 is so stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Being I don't live to far from John, and havn't seen him in years. l loaded up the sled, and took a trip. John seems pretty swamped right now, but takes time for his customers phone calls. Being I haven't had a Ski Doo for several years I had John set up my sled, and install his new adjustable clutch ramps. These ramp look nice, but they are really easy to adjust. I was use to pulling off the whole clutch to add or remove weight every time I would ride at different elevations. NO MORE! I will probably never pull it off, just blow it out with compressed air. John has always been a knowable, and stand up guy, and I think he has a real game changer here. Just a warning! If you stop by and an AC/DC song comes on, don't tell him you been to their concerts. Or you will be in another! :face-icon-small-win

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Just ordered a set earlier today. BJ is shipping thies out as fast as he gets them in. I should have a couple rides on the stock 850 to compare to the other 850's in the group, install BJ kit & retest. I'll post comparison videos once weights are installed.

I'll be interested to see your results and hope to run into you at some point. See that difference in person!

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Soon very soon

I'll be interested to see your results and hope to run into you at some point. See that difference in person!

Been holding off waiting for more snow. A couple of my buddies have been rippin around on there 2018 cats, They got the rock rash to prove it haha. I have no self controll in powder usually head up around mid December. 20-40 trail break in miles and then run er like ya stole er. Lots of stock 850 around Bend, OR.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
ONLY in sled/on hill adjustable weight on the market!!!

PERFECT for the midwest mountain guy (5 min clutch changes) up to 10 grams in body of weight vs a bolt/washer in wrong location...

PERFECT for the TURBO rider (correct profile)...

PERFECT for ANY elevation (IN sled adjustability)...

ONLY SUMMIT profile adjustable weight....

967 ramp wasnt right, new 965 ramp only marginally better (only 1 gram heavier were needed) wont work for low elevation...

I guess that sums up what a guy NEEDS-BJ

How are you getting around Dalton’s patent on the adjustments? Your ramps infringe.

Dalton's patented Quick Adjust Cam Arms Straight from Dalton’s site, your adding and subtracting weight from the main body in the same manor. Wait until Dale sees this. Sell them while you can.

http://www.daltonindustries.com/product_detail.php?product_id=40

Last edited:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
It’s that time of year again,turbojamie trolling Big John and SHR.
It’s getting old,time to grow up and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features