• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Ski Doo Snow Check color options. BRP please listen to us

Briscoe

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2011
Blackfoot ID
Skidoo,
Please, please, please listen. Orange crush should be cheaper or immediately discontinued. Let us have some choices or build our own like a Polaris. Five or so color options should be a given on a snow check. While we are on the subject, how about a 174" track option as well? WTH

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
Just a thought, if the number of 850's being produced is limited why would Doo go to the expense of offering more color options to get more people to buy? If they do offer more colors then that tells me the whole story of limited quantities is just a marketing ploy. Same with the 174", why would they go to the expense of building one if quantities are going to be so limited?

Last edited:

Briscoe

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2011
Blackfoot ID
Just a thought, if the number of 850's being produced is limited why would Doo go to the expense of offering more color options to get more people to buy? If they do offer more colors then that tells me the whole story of limited quantities is just a marketing ploy. Same with the 174", why would they go to the expense of building one if quantities are going to be so limited?

Maybe so the loyal yearly snow check guys can get the sled they want. They bring out a 174 and it kills it on the mountain, people start loving it and then skidoo takes it away? Offer it in a stupid ugly orange so as to only sell a limited quantity? This business plan is confusing at best?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
This posting is the perfect example of why there is no point in offering more color options and it is and will always be guys saying they hate it or love it , you just can't win. That green looks sharp but all he has done is change the orange to green which u could do with a wrap! On the issue of the 174 , the only reason it did not get built is they did not get the calibration done. If it is not ready then releasing it would be a mistake. Basically take what guys say and the opposite is true, there is no conspiracy. If you think it is easy, then it would be awesome to see your new sled come out for next season that has everything guys want and in all the right colors. The best part of our sport is how passionate we all are about it but sometimes we think the sky is falling and it isn't!

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
The Blk and Yellow is awesome. There will be some many cool wraps out there in the fall to choose from. make it your own. Scs gives $100 credit to snowcheck folks

T
Feb 24, 2011
HILLS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA
This posting is the perfect example of why there is no point in offering more color options and it is and will always be guys saying they hate it or love it , you just can't win. That green looks sharp but all he has done is change the orange to green which u could do with a wrap! On the issue of the 174 , the only reason it did not get built is they did not get the calibration done. If it is not ready then releasing it would be a mistake. Basically take what guys say and the opposite is true, there is no conspiracy. If you think it is easy, then it would be awesome to see your new sled come out for next season that has everything guys want and in all the right colors. The best part of our sport is how passionate we all are about it but sometimes we think the sky is falling and it isn't!

Dave

I totally understand what you are saying by your comments but like you said all of us are passionate about the sport of snowmobiling and about our sleds and part of being passionate about our sled is the color. Those of us that are going to Snowcheck the Orange Crush have to pay extra for that color so if we are already having to pay Ski Doo for an extra color that is just "okay" why can't they give us a couple more options. That way we don't have to pay even more money to cover it up with a wrap.

So please Ski Doo give us at least two more options if we have to pay extra for a color upgrade.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I find it frustrating that the customer is being accused of being too fussy for wanting a certain color.
Yeah, after all, we are only paying north of 12G. Why can't we just shut up and take whatever color they tell us looks good.

I don't think that it is unreasonable for a spring order customer to expect at least a few basic color options.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If the sled is being pre-ordered...I see zero impediment in offering any color combo/decal combo with these sleds that will part of a production of colored panels and printed graphic stickers. You can still run an efficient production line with this in mind.

Personalization is a big deal these days... something that people will pay more for... and many don't want to do a wrap.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
If the sled is being pre-ordered...I see zero impediment in offering any color combo/decal combo with these sleds that will part of a production of colored panels and printed graphic stickers. You can still run an efficient production line with this in mind.

Personalization is a big deal these days... something that people will pay more for... and many don't want to do a wrap.
Yeah, what he said!

And mountainhorse I gotta ask...is your avatar from a "Yes" album cover?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I'm not sure about the Yes album cover....
But if they used Hokusai's "The Great Wave off Kanagawa" print as their cover...then yes.

One of my fav painting of all time.

Then I was mistaken.
Roger Dean did most (if not all) of the Yes and Asia art.

Quite a likeness in my opinion.

D

drunkbilly

Nov 17, 2010
plastic comes in just about any color they have the mould already and changing the color is as simple as dumping the different coloured plastic beads into the hopper. its literally the only thing they can do that will make people happy and more likely to snow check at no cost to them at all this is the most obvious way to add value to the snow check program and make it more personalized . absolute no brainer to me and as far as decals its literally a click of the mouse and hit print. they put so much actual work into the new sled and to miss a few sales from people that are on the fence over something so stupid as not offering the customers colour choice is marketing suicide.

and for all the guys that think bright colours are lame or girly or not timeless, i don't give a crap because when flat light hits and someone is hurt or missing and you have to round your group up and start heading out bright colours save lives and time end rant.

Premium Features