• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 800 PTEC Summit X XP 163 help

C
Nov 18, 2013
Plains MT
My 5' tall girlfriend recently purchased an 08 800 PTEC Summit X XP 163. She was riding a 800 rev 151. She is having problems getting the XP to lay over on its side to side hill. We are looking at the S36 package to help with this issue.

My main question about this sled is that I have rode the sled and the handle bars seem to be really stiff and take a lot of arm strength to move from side to side. When the sled is on the sled deck there isn't any slack in the limiter strap. Should I loosen up the strap 1 hole? She already has plenty of ski lift when she is climbing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
what setting is the back arm on ,sounds like its on the stiffest setting , might want to soften it up or when on trailer and you get on it does the limiter get loose, might have to adjust front shock tension in the suspention

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
My 5' tall girlfriend recently purchased an 08 800 PTEC Summit X XP 163. She was riding a 800 rev 151. She is having problems getting the XP to lay over on its side to side hill. We are looking at the S36 package to help with this issue.

My main question about this sled is that I have rode the sled and the handle bars seem to be really stiff and take a lot of arm strength to move from side to side. When the sled is on the sled deck there isn't any slack in the limiter strap. Should I loosen up the strap 1 hole? She already has plenty of ski lift when she is climbing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes, last hole on the limter. Rear soft. front skid shock, tighten for steering pressure.

C
Nov 18, 2013
Plains MT
Thanks guys I will make the adjustments and we will see how it goes this weekend. Hopefully all the powder has settled a bit and we have some base this weekend.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
My 5ft tall GF has a tough time with a pro 600... When you weigh 105 lbs and have a short reach.. makes it really tough.. Not to mention hands are to small to flip the throttle.. She rode my spare 163 xp a few times.. Lets just say she stayed on the trail the second time. s36 does help a lot. I had the t-motion with flexedge and now have timbersled.. Timbersled by far over the t-motion.. Not even close

A
Dec 19, 2011
s 36 kit

move the bottom mount of the front shock forward 1 inch (you have to drill a new hole) let the limiter loose as it will go. Put the rear spring tension somewhere in the middle of the road. Remove sway bar and shocks on softest preload.

Moving the bottom front shock mount forward puts more pressure on the front of the skid less on the rear. Takes alot of pressure off the skis and helps balance the sled. Throwing it around 100x easier and less suspesion sag as well.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
That's alot of sled for a 5ft gal. Narrow front, t motion, 10 steering colum are the handling helpers. Flex edge after that.

Other wise it's a different sled or a gym membership.

C
Nov 18, 2013
Plains MT
Sounds like I have some adjustments to make to the sled before Friday, I don't think the gym membership thing will kick in before then LOL. A buddy that has a dealership will sell me the S36 front end kit for $400 and from what I have seen and read on this site seems like a good deal to me.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Well put it this way. My wife is 6'0" and she flat hates my 163. But she hasn't gotten to that rally boondocker stage yet.

Put her on a 12' 154 for a weekend, and she thought it was the greatest thing ever. But friend of ours shreds on an m8 163.

S36 and t...motion are best bets before your deadline. Rmk skis when you have more time.

Premium Features