• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Christopher...HELP PLEASE

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I am asking for help either from Christopher or anybody.

I use this site at home, work, and on the road. I use IE at home or work and I-Pad or I-Phone on the road.

I know it sounds like a broken record but I seem to ONLY have issues on this site. The issues are all sorts of wierd.

Both of my home computers were just checked out by a computer wiz.

For example, just trying to start this thread, I had to try 4 times when clicking on the new thread icon. I kept getting a pop-up of "not having privileges."

Below is a couple of screen shots. As you can see, the adds are taking up about 50% of the width of the screen.

Sometimes the adds will take up 25%, 50%, and even 75% of the width of the page.

I'm asking for help Chris.

Thank you,

Dave

Snip 1.jpg Snip 2.jpg

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I should also add that I recieved 3 pop-ups this morning that this site is/was infected with malware. I immediately shut down each time.

And just to add to this, my I-Phone is useless on Snowest now. Anytime I try to click on a thread, my screen leaves Snowest and is asking me to purchase the Candycrush whatever game. My daughter had to tell me what it was.

And regardless of what some of you might believe, that game is NOT on my phone.

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
Also try resetting your browsers "zoom" feature. Looks like you are zoomed in at 125%. Click on your browsers title and then hit ctrl 0 Or go to the gear icon, and choose zoom.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Also try resetting your browsers "zoom" feature. Looks like you are zoomed in at 125%. Click on your browsers title and then hit ctrl 0 Or go to the gear icon, and choose zoom.

Thanks Zalez...I have reset to 100% and I still get the 1/4, 1/2, or 3/4 adds at odd times.

T

Trailsweeper

Jan 16, 2013
Im having similar issues. The site has become completely unusable except for on tapatalk for me. This is the only site I have issues with, and the only one I pay for. More ads than any other site I frequent also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
SORRY I MISSED THIS POST DAVE.
Reading it now and will start trying to dive into it.

I am asking for help either from Christopher or anybody.

I use this site at home, work, and on the road. I use IE at home or work and I-Pad or I-Phone on the road.

I know it sounds like a broken record but I seem to ONLY have issues on this site. The issues are all sorts of wierd.

Both of my home computers were just checked out by a computer wiz.

For example, just trying to start this thread, I had to try 4 times when clicking on the new thread icon. I kept getting a pop-up of "not having privileges."

Below is a couple of screen shots. As you can see, the adds are taking up about 50% of the width of the screen.

Sometimes the adds will take up 25%, 50%, and even 75% of the width of the page.

I'm asking for help Chris.

Thank you,

Dave

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If at all possible, can you tell me EXACTLY what the text was the pop up window displayed.

I need that so I can go search through the source code of the forums for find that display text and see what trigger events are associated with it.

And you say this happened 4 times in a row, and then on the 5th try it just worked ???

Did anything at all change between seeing the pop-up window and it working on the next try.

Also.
Which browser were you running.?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
my I-Phone is useless on Snowest now. Anytime I try to click on a thread, my screen leaves Snowest and is asking me to purchase the Candycrush whatever game. My daughter had to tell me what it was..

On this one I STRONGLY agree with the other member's comments.
I cruse SnoWest all day long using my iPhone 5 and my iPad depending on what I am doing.

GO DOWNLOAD TAPATALK from the Apple App Store.
Read this post for all the related details.
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225706

Come late spring / early summer, we will launch a full mobile edition of SnoWest that no longer requires TapaTalk. But for now it is ABSOLUTELY the best way to access the forums from a mobile device.

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Im unsure of this forum, but several other forums I use are having HUGE issues with tapatalk, and all say its an issue on tapatalks end.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Tried to start a new thread, first time. Below.

Also got a pop-up of antivirus activity prior to this but I must not have actually saved the screen shot of that. I'm sure it will come back.

Thank you.

this now.jpg

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
If at all possible, can you tell me EXACTLY what the text was the pop up window displayed.

I need that so I can go search through the source code of the forums for find that display text and see what trigger events are associated with it.

And you say this happened 4 times in a row, and then on the 5th try it just worked ???

Did anything at all change between seeing the pop-up window and it working on the next try.

Also.
Which browser were you running.?

Yes, 4 times in a row while trying to start a thread in this section, I got the pop up above. And yes, on the 5th try, the window to start a new thread came up.

In my screenshot above, I was trying to duplicate it and received the insufficient privleges window only 1 time.

I am still getting the tripple ads to the right of the forum. And depending on what ads show up, depends on how much space is wasted.

This one here happened about 5 minutes ago.

As for trying to use tapatalk on my I-phone, I am now no longer able to even log on to Snowest with my I-phone. I get the fatal error EVERY time.

Please help.

Thank you

1111.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK
I think we were able to duplicate SOME of the "weirdness" you were reporting.

I was able to get FireFox and Internet Explorer to behave VERY strangly.
Such that the main menu would NOT work, all of the links were dead.
Couldn't format any posts
Couldn't get the edit to work properly.

We tracked this back to a corrupted cache of part of the forum download into the browser.

This one might be simple.

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER CACHE.

For FIREFOX.
Log out of SnoWest.

Tools-Options-Advanced-Cached Web Content- "CLEAR NOW"

Tools-Options-Advanced-Offline Web Content and User Data - "CLEAR NOW".

Close the browser.
Open the browser and log back into SnoWest.

let me know if you see any changes.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Thanks Christopher.

I cleared cache and immediately the first time I tried logging back into Snowest I received the pop up below.

I have trend micro titanium antivirus software. I had been seeing something similar to this saying the site was infected with something like this but this is the first time I got this where it redirected me to this.

now this.jpg

Premium Features