• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

thanks alot to trygstaad 872 R

S
Mar 14, 2013
southern MN
Got back from southern CO this wk and was first ride on new 872 from tryg. Just like he said pull the rope and go, great power and clutching was very responsive and felt like it wasin power all the time. Now just gotta find a way to feed the beast, took alot of pow to the hood and kept plugging intake. Thanks alot to Dave and all his work...

S
Mar 14, 2013
southern MN
ya was great snow while we were there and was little leary of breaking in a fresh top end. We stayed in high 11s- to mid 12s, and it ran great when i could keep the pow off the air box. A lil shop time to fix that and figure out how to get better float out of it. great instant power, but sucks when it just wants to trench..

A
Dec 19, 2011
I would dump the injection system for 32:1 premix if it was my motor. Smoother running, less weight, longer motor life etc

for the intake, drill out the back side of the xp airbox and vent it, You can do this with simple prefilter material, powerair intake vents, they use vacuum to open, so unless the stock intake is plugged they stay closed.

Or a jc vents intake kit
http://www.jcscustomvents.com/catalog/i125.html

Lots of people doing the holes in the back of the airbox also report a gain in hp. And since you are running a big bore the stock airbox falls short of the air supply that motor wants.

S
Mar 14, 2013
southern MN
Im gonna leave injection on and try to keep mixing 100;1 with it. tryg said it wont hurt and always know its getting oil.

I just ordered the extreme air vents cold air intake 70$ and ez install, didnt want to mod any other air box part and looked the simplest of what i looked at.

Next is a new track!!! Challenger 2.5< tryin to keep it up on snow and plant some ponies. Love the power and clutching from tryg, feels like its always in power. pull the rope and go just like Dave said, so far so good.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Im gonna leave injection on and try to keep mixing 100;1 with it. tryg said it wont hurt and always know its getting oil.

I just ordered the extreme air vents cold air intake 70$ and ez install, didnt want to mod any other air box part and looked the simplest of what i looked at.

Next is a new track!!! Challenger 2.5< tryin to keep it up on snow and plant some ponies. Love the power and clutching from tryg, feels like its always in power. pull the rope and go just like Dave said, so far so good.
Daves engines are top notch his customer service is one of the kind .We've just received are 4th motor from Dave and doing 1 more fore sure .I haven't help do any of his E 872, but with 2 2013 xm's 163 in the group I can not see them letting a old 08 154 (sleeper)beat up on them again this year Lol.:face-icon-small-bluCheers

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Has anyone tried Tom's 3d arms with this power plant.

Last edited:
T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Thanks adam8781 I just spent about half hour on the phone with Tom What a great guy to chat with answered every question Clearly.Thanks Tom

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
The Powair Vents on the airbox work good, had them on a couple seasons now, never really notice the intake getting plugged up, they must be working. Or maybe I never get any snow on it.:face-icon-small-hap

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
www.trygstad-motorsports.com
Venting

Got back from southern CO this wk and was first ride on new 872 from tryg. Just like he said pull the rope and go, great power and clutching was very responsive and felt like it wasin power all the time. Now just gotta find a way to feed the beast, took alot of pow to the hood and kept plugging intake. Thanks alot to Dave and all his work...

Get ahold of Tom at Xtreme Air Vents he has some great products and will
recommend what you need, As we discussed keep the complete injection system intact and mix as directed for best performance and longevity,
Call with any other questions,
Dave Trygstad
507-281-3545
http://trygstad-motorsports.com
Your leader in Rotax performance and Development!

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
the wifes 872 kit came in the mail with the new updated pistons, going together tonight!! I cant wait to compare it to the 163
Lucky!!!! I'm still waiting? Mail (Christmas)bad time to be in a hurry.Lol Cheers

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
the wifes 872 kit came in the mail with the new updated pistons, going together tonight!! I cant wait to compare it to the 163
O mail man just dropped off my mail from Trygstads !!!it
just like Christmas.Lol and thanks Dave top notch work.Cheers I'll be gone for about 6 hours finishing up my 08 Reny 600x SDI 163 should be interesting .:gossip:

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Well sir good job went from 146 to 163 same gearing(So far) and add weight not much ,but I added 1.8 grams per arm .I'm fussy I like to run on clicker 3 and 4 better backshift and hit's harder down low .The best thing no fuel controller .well a little av for insurance but I do that with all my sleds are gas suck here .Cheers and again Thanks .

Premium Features