• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whyyyyy is snowest so slow lately? (502/504 Gateway Errors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
YA SAME HERE HEARD RICHRACER1 IS HAVIN SAME PROBLEM . LOCKED UP ON ME 15 TIMES LAST NIGHT HAD TO TURN IT OFF AND WALK AWAY A FEW HRS

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
this very thread.....bad gateway.....12:42 cst
<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"hd1080","fshd":true,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Internet Explorer, on my lap top. I have not experienced these error messages, however I am blocking some of the scrolling ads.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So two members reported that they see the Gateway error ONLY when they are using FireFox, and when they use MS-Explorer they do not see it..

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Replying to PMs tonight no issues, slow to load regular page to reply to this. IE. Actually, I have been reading one thread all day, it seems fine. Maybe slow, but my internet here sux ballz.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
This might be a BROWSER ISSUE.

WHAT BROWSER are you using when you see this error?

Ok, was on FF, got 502's, threads were a no go.

Opened IE, and I can get in... but WOW, I mean WOW this is PAINFULLY SLOW. Even simply scrolling down an already loaded page is painful. Also took me 3 tries to try to quote your post.

I've got an adblocker on FF, and not on IE, but there's no way THIS much lag is just ads. I like to whine about ads & what not, but I go to way more involved sites without that.

Strange that the FF browser has none of the slowness, but yet has a different issue.

btw, haven't been able to get into any threads for a day now or so... Any newer thread comes up 502.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
OK, I take it back.

Just installed Adblockerplus on IE... and it's just as fast as FF now.

WTF do you guys have going on with the ads??? How could they be THAT bad?

Soon as they were gone, it's nice & fast again, no issues at all. not a fan of IE, but I guess I'll use it for a while just for SW till the 502 things goes away.

Those having speed issues... I'd HIGHLY recommend installing ad blocker plus. I can't believe the ads are THAT bad.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Honestly, we are beating our heads against the wall right now trying to figure out WHAT THE HECK is going on with this bug.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Honestly, we are beating our heads against the wall right now trying to figure out WHAT THE HECK is going on with this bug.

Perhaps it actually has something to do with just one of the ads? (not sure how the 502 would, but the super slowness) There's really not THAT much on here for ads, so just by sheer quantity and what they're doing, it seems like they couldn't slow things down that much without something being wrong. I was amazed how big a difference it was.

There are ad blockers you can use that are selective, I wonder if you could run through them & find which one is the issue?

So, how would the 502 be related to the slowness though seems like two totally different things, but they must be related somehow I'd think??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
When I log in as ADMIN, there are no ads on my screen.
They are not "blocked" like your doing, they are simply not part of the Admin display at all.

I myself am seeing the Gateway error 100% of the time upon entry to the forum at
http://www.snowest.com/forum
When I log in.

Anytime I exit the browser then come back to SW to log in, I get the error. This is finally repeatable and consistent.
I am also seeing the LONG PAGE WAITS randomly across the whole forum.
No particular rhyme or reason to them as yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features