• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

skidoo upper a arms

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Agreed. I'm interested, but I think that many of the people who really care about this side of things (pushing handling as far as we can)have switched to or bought with a 36" setup.

We are wanting to get a setup done for the S36 front end, and have almost everything to get it done, the biggest hold up right now is sourcing a sleeve for the upper ball joint, the older style with the thru bolt is easy to replicate. The new one will take a little more time to find a source. Welding up test sets isnt hard, just have to have all the parts to build it!!

Getting the S36 to hold a sidehill easier might even be considered cheating!:face-icon-small-ton

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
I gave Josh one of the upper S36 A arms off my 09 today to use as a template, and like Nick said, he is looking for the round sleeve that holds the upper ball joint. Once he finds that or builds one, he will weld a set up and test them.

Feeling how easy the 08 was to ride with the new A arm, I can't wait to see how the S36 works!! I know what it does in the deep snow, I want to see how it works on the spring snow also. I think all of these little upgrades to my XP are going to save me a lot of money!! I don't need to buy an xm because my xp is awesome!

free2fawl

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
McCall ID
Sounds good to me, I have the s36 and c3 kits installed. Looking forward to hearing how they work with the s36. I love imagination and ingenuity.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Could you design the upper arm for the 36" stance to use the balljoint out of the wider arms? Tons of those sitting around since so many people have converted their sleds to 36" arms. Then it wouldn't be much different than making the 38'' arms and not have to deal w/ the ball joint sleeve.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
that is soemthing i was thinking of doing, hell, just offering it and including that might be cheaper then sourcing a snap ring in style like the new ones. because its so narrow though space is pretty tight due to proximity to the shock.

L
May 15, 2009
jskattum606
Do you have any more info/feedback on your arms?
Also, any information/pictures on what you've done with the steering post?
Thanks

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
What I did to my post. Basically made my own c3 post forward kit. And made a strait post.
Then I changed the bottom of the post.
Where the two steering rods bolt in,I cut out about 1/2 " in between the post and the steering rods. This reduces steering effort and reduces steering radius a little. I like it a lot.

L
May 15, 2009
What I did to my post. Basically made my own c3 post forward kit. And made a strait post.
Then I changed the bottom of the post.
Where the two steering rods bolt in,I cut out about 1/2 " in between the post and the steering rods. This reduces steering effort and reduces steering radius a little. I like it a lot.

Do you have any pictures or more information on this?
Are you going to be making a post forward kit to sell?
Lining up the summer project and need to start getting parts around.
Thanks

B

bigbone

Nov 26, 2007
Iowa
Here they are installed on a sled. Keep in mind, this set is not powdercoated, just spray painted for testing.

20130416_094437_zps407fd6a4.jpg

20130416_094429_zpsb52b7451.jpg

Are these a arms for sale yet?

Premium Features