• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Challenger Extreme or Peak??

R

rickRMK800

Jan 15, 2010
Wyoming
I know this has probably been beat to death, but now that some people may have some miles on. I'm thinking of switching from my Assaults competion track and curious which way to go?? I dont want to have to change drivers or anything if possible just want a better powder track??

D
Sep 17, 2009
Foam Lake SK Canada
I haven't been on the peak yet but I would try that before doing the camo extreme again. The extreme was pretty sketchy on hard wind blown snow. If you never ride those conditions, it's not a problem. The power claw was much better on hard wind blown sidehills than the extreme. I think the Peak looks like an awesome track.

I
Nov 26, 2007
can't go wrong either way. I'd look for a deal on a used extreme, if you have to buy new get a peak.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If you want to move the most snow, especially in the dry stuff... the PEAKS track... it is about 8 lbs heavier than stock in a 155"

If you want a lighter track.. I HIGHLY recommend the new style challenger extreme 9174 (153") or the 9176 (162")... You will need to switch drivers for that. See this thread, CLICK HERE.

With the peaks/ch-ext 2.5" lug track....Since it is a bit taller and you are moving more snow through the tunnel ... I strongly recommend going to a 7 tooth driver with the altered stock chaincase. See this Thread CLICK HERE.

Although for the most part they are "bolt on" tracks.... you can get better performance from them if you free up a little lug tip clearance.

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
i rode my sled with the peak 2.5 on it this week in all cond, deep snow, trail, i find the peak to be exceptional in all cond. it amazed me in the deep snow performance also.. im sold on it totally..

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
i rode my sled with the peak 2.5 on it this week in all cond, deep snow, trail, i find the peak to be exceptional in all cond. it amazed me in the deep snow performance also.. im sold on it totally..

What have you done as far as clutching and gearing with the Peak ? I have a 163 Peak on my '12 Pro and went from 44 mph track speed with the 5.1 to 40 mph t/s with the Peak in light powder and down 200 rpm. The last two days we rode in 2-3 ft of much heavier powder and I was pulling 35-37 mph track speed. Still running stock clutching and gearing. Definitely have some work to do.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

R

rickRMK800

Jan 15, 2010
Wyoming

Did you change to the 7 tooth drivers and do the chain case mod also??

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I've ridden with two pros with the peak both sleds did not perform well in the sugar snow they did hook better in more setup snow. The one owner put his camo extreme back on and it performs much better now.

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
What have you done as far as clutching and gearing with the Peak ? I have a 163 Peak on my '12 Pro and went from 44 mph track speed with the 5.1 to 40 mph t/s with the Peak in light powder and down 200 rpm. The last two days we rode in 2-3 ft of much heavier powder and I was pulling 35-37 mph track speed. Still running stock clutching and gearing. Definitely have some work to do.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.
I HAVE A 13.6 HEAD, REEDS, AND CAN.. PLUS A BIT OF CLUTCHING DONE MY SLEDS WORKS AWESOME WITH THIS SETUP..I ONLY NEED TO REV 7900-8000 AND I PULL 64 GR WEIGHTS.

Premium Features