• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Appearance Changed?

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
17" laptop screen here, and it takes up 1/4 of the page, and all the sub catagory's that I usually click on are cramped to one side of the page. I already get the snowest pic of the week.
Can you fix it Christo?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I just unsubscribed to the photo of the month, having that ad made me realize how seldom I even look at the photos.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I am not opposed to ads, but placement which hinders use of the forums is the issue. The vp race fuel add below the stupid pic of week ad actually gave me an address to pick up gas yesterday.

Your solution has it's place, but it would be preferred to have a responsible provider that gives a crap about the members of the forum, paying or not.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK
I got an answer from Harris Publishing this morning.
But it makes no sense to me at all.

They told me they sold that "ad spot" to one of the majors.

But obviously that is wrong, as there is NO AD there, its a Harris Publication promo for their weekly mailer.

I wrote back asking for clarification and pointing out that the width was causing real issues for our members.

They have not yet replied back to me.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hopefully I will get a full answer from the IT Department tomorrow.
I am hoping that the graphic is just twice the size it is supposed to be and needs to be reset.

W
Dec 21, 2011
I am new in this forum site. Do you think guys the new look is better than before? and also I am experiencing problem with my macbook? does anyone here got the same problem with me? thanks in advance

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
It's still HUGE and taking up forum viewing space.

The largest mountain snowmobiling forum is becoming smaller.........

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Any updates from Harris Publishing? They are using up 25% of OUR forum width with that useless picture of the week advertisement.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Got a final answer from Harris Publishing.

One of the 4 sled manufacturers has contracted with them for that new space, thats the reason they changed the dimensions of it.

They have something planned for it and they have not yet provided the artwork to Harris Publishing to upload and replace the static ad for the SnoWest Picture of the Week.

Sometime in the next week or two we will find out whats going to be living there.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
So basically you're going back on your word to the premium members about ad space and cramming this BS down our throats???

We premium members already have snowmobiles. We don't need another ad from one of the Big 4.

About the time that all the threads about charging for the forum settle down, this happens. Who's running the show around there? When did the Obama Administration start running SnoWest? Take and take and take and take.....

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Sounds like BS to me. Why change the forum appearance before the advertisement is ready if they have no idea what it is going to look like.

I'm not buying it!

Premium Features