• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

forum all f***** up

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)
forum all ........... up

ok Chrispher please answer my questions

Doesn't Kim Castle X Tracks USA and all of those other sponcers pay thousands of dollars to have that ads on this site each year?

So if the answer to that one is yes which i'm pritty sure they do. Why do the members have to pay extra money to just be able to read all of the threads on here? it just makes no sense.

Last edited:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Hey I have a question also. Why is it OK for you to use profanity on a site that kids and families visit? Does that seem OK to you? I know you have a question for Christopher and that is fine. But why do you need to swear to ask your question?

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
cuz..... hes pissed? maybe? any takers?

I only payed so i can read.. doesnt mean i think its a good idea.

I know some of the paid members don't agree with all the changes.

BUT! There is also no reason that members (basic, paid, mods and admin) need to swear to get a point across. That's all I'm saying.

S

spudman720

Jan 7, 2008
Sugar City, ID.
I agree this place is all messed up. I sent a pm to a friend about the new forum b a c k c o u n t r y r e b e l s . c o m and they censored it and it read snowestes.com whatever that means. Cant even pm privately without being monitored.

dsp81

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2005
I'll explain. You choose the one you like the best.

This forum is owned by a business. That business needs to make money to continue "being in business." Forum advertising generates money, but not enough to cover operating expenses. Therefore, SnoWest decided to charge.

Or, many think that SnoWest should use the forums as a loss leader (ie, run the forums at a loss to stimulate magazine sales). However, that would only work if it was actually stimulating magazine sales. Magazine sales are lagging, therefore SnoWest decided to charge.

Or, magazine companies are increasingly threatened with extinction in the internet era. They have to find some way to create a primary revenue stream using the internet, or die. Therefore, SnoWest decided to charge.

Or, SnoWest is run by morons. Therefore, they decided to charge.

My guess is that a few will go with the last option.

Last edited:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

While that was a great article, I'm missing the reference to a private website which has posted rules about what can be said. Also where in that article did it say they thought swearing on an internet forum was a good idea?

HAHAHA.. I bet NorthMNSledder is a mormon...

I bet your still bitter about getting banned from the chatbox for your little rant last night?

Oh and sorry I'm not a mormon. :face-icon-small-hap

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Are you serious - your kids hear worse at school - then seeing some asteriks on a computer - not even the actual word. Get a reality check.

Hey I have a question also. Why is it OK for you to use profanity on a site that kids and families visit? Does that seem OK to you? I know you have a question for Christopher and that is fine. But why do you need to swear to ask your question?

Premium Features