• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

if your a proud free basic member post up!!!

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
Or you could embrace the revelation that the participants, not the forum providers, are what has made the site informative and entertaining over the years.

For those of us who hold morals and principles dear, it isn't the money. The issue is being forced to pay to help each other. They are lying to you about the expenses to run the place. There are millions of free sites on the internet that work fine off of advertisers dollars. This is a sell out and a money grab.

Congratulations on being part of the sellout, and enjoy the reduced quality of content when they pull the plug. I will be very interested to hear if you feel like you are getting your moneys worth a year after they pull the plug.

I disagree! But then again I have no morals or principals.:crazy:

T
Nov 9, 2008
I like to read the post don't make many replies If I have to pay I will just go to other forums that are free and watch snowest forums die out

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
basic bro.unless somebody else pays my way into the elite premium club:)

o.jpg

Last edited:

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
this is stupid. did the people that ran the good old snowest want to be componsated? must not have if it went for about 10 years before the new management......idk. I've been reading on this site for years. Joined 4 years ago and then everything went to hell in a handbasket and I just never got back on until just a month or so ago. Used to be able to read info without having to be logged in.........I dont think they would make very much off the site if they start charging to use. lots of members would turn away

V

Veedy

Jan 27, 2004
Revelstoke, BC
www.farwestfilms.com
Or you could embrace the revelation that the participants, not the forum providers, are what has made the site informative and entertaining over the years.

For those of us who hold morals and principles dear, it isn't the money. The issue is being forced to pay to help each other. They are lying to you about the expenses to run the place. There are millions of free sites on the internet that work fine off of advertisers dollars. This is a sell out and a money grab.

Congratulations on being part of the sellout, and enjoy the reduced quality of content when they pull the plug. I will be very interested to hear if you feel like you are getting your moneys worth a year after they pull the plug.

Everything in life is based on perception. You can perceive this to be a "money grab", but I perceive it to be a service that i'm willing to pay a measly $10 per 365 days use. I'm not going to come on here and say you are wrong for not paying, that's your choice. If i'm not mistaken, members can still enjoy posting and reading the forums for free, but what I am saying is that I treat this like a magazine subscription. I can pick up the magazine and read it at my leisure, but the content never changes ! The content is always fresh in the forums and usually entertaining to read and join in on. Just like this thread ! ha ha.
Believe me, i'm trying to look at this in a positive manner, rather than get my feathers all ruffled up for no good reason. Everyone has the full right to break free and start your own forum. Maybe then they will find out how much work is actually involved, and what costs are incurred. I'm sure they pay dearly for the bandwidth used.
Maybe i'm wrong, but it gives me a clear conscience knowing that I did what I thought was right.

cheers !:beer;

R
Nov 12, 2009
Free, Free

I'm free.......:face-icon-small-hap. All the rest of the Forums I'm on (about 3 or 4 and nothing to do with sleds) are free; thats the part I dont understand.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
rc, a man of your wealth should just buy the site and turn it into a lesbian forum, then you'd get some paid members;)

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
I figure that I defiantly get 10$ worth of entertainment here. That's damn cheap if you ask me. But what do I know.

Oh I just talked the wife into paying for me………soooo………that would make it free! :D

1badm1

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 28, 2009
Wyoming
Free Basic Member and always will be. I will take it one step further. If I see you are a paid member I will not be posting to help you. If you are a non paying member then I will help you out. That should let you know where I stand on this subject.

PhantomCat

Phantom Goblin
Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2008
NW Montana
In my humble opion...I feel what Veedy said is my thoughts and feelings also.
It is all about perception and I will not put anyone down for not paying!! It's your choice and you are the only one that can make it!

I WILL help anyone that is not a paid member...I feel that we are all sledders and at one time we were all family(in a sense)and worked and laughed,played and had a heck of a time on here together. Those memories that I have of the days gone by will never leave...But, I look forward to the future and I see the same thing happening once this is all in the wind...I try to keep a positive outlook on life and I hope that some of you do the same....come on we are brothers and sisters all out to enjoy mother nature and each other! :beer; :)

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Free Basic Member and always will be. I will take it one step further. If I see you are a paid member I will not be posting to help you. If you are a non paying member then I will help you out. That should let you know where I stand on this subject.

Christopher had better get a process in place for refunds!! I'm sure people will be lining up for a refund after reading this!!! :face-icon-small-sho LOL!
I think this whole pay thing has been a good cleansing process for this site. Alot of the guys that left (not all) never had anything to add, they were just here to cause trouble and give "rep" to others using the site for the same reason....pathetic. I have noticed alot more sled oriented talk, less politics and disruption in otherwise productive and informative threads.
You get what you pay for.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Christopher had better get a process in place for refunds!! I'm sure people will be lining up for a refund after reading this!!! :face-icon-small-sho LOL!
I think this whole pay thing has been a good cleansing process for this site. Alot of the guys that left (not all) never had anything to add, they were just here to cause trouble and give "rep" to others using the site for the same reason....pathetic. I have noticed alot more sled oriented talk, less politics and disruption in otherwise productive and informative threads.

see I think there was more tech content before..although I will agree that there was more riff-raff as well..today i think there is way more political crap then there used to be.........but I also think winter time membership is way down from the last few seasons as well..this place used to be hopping almost all the time in the winter.........

1badm1

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 28, 2009
Wyoming

I was going to buy a hps can from you, but since you are a paying member I will purchase it elsewhere now.

Premium Features