• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coolant leak?? HELP

P
Feb 22, 2009
OK so just starting to get the sled ready and noticed a couple of drops of coolant on the trailer bed. Looked with a light and noticed a little wee bit between the two cyclinders and around the TB area....any suggestions where this could be coming from?? should i be worried??? The bottle is at the nipple where the small line comes off to the TB not at the cold level...not sure how much was left in it when i put it away..

rebuilt both sides last year...dont want another rough season...help please

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
i would check the head o rings or maybe the coolant hoses that fasten to the head. it also could be some over flow from the cap on the coolant tank.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
That one is kind of a toughy, I had a BAD leak on my 800 last year and couldnt find it till we went out to ride and put some throttle to it. My suggestion would be to fill it up to the brim and let it run for a few minutes to see if you can see it 'gushing' out of anywhere, if that doesnt work, start checking all your connections one by one... it should turn up.

good luck:beer;

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Well, your not gonna want coolant getting into the motor cause it will start to wash the oil off of the cylinders an eventually it will go boom.

However, the reason I dont think that is the case is because you say the coolant is visible on the outside of the motor. My first guess on a location would be like BD suggested, check the line coming out of the thermostat housing on the top of the head. That could cause the coolant to be sprayed between the cylinders and onto the TB boots.

P
Feb 22, 2009
hmmm well this is good...i really dont want to have to break down the engine again..last season was really expensive....hopefully its jsut a hose leaking somewhere that i cant see yet will top it up and try running it for abit...

Premium Features