• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim backpack?

R
Jan 26, 2009
Spokane, WA
I want to know how everyone likes the klim nac pack. Does the hydration system freeze or is it a good thing. how does the shovel mount work. Is it worth the money. What is your overall impression about them.

Thanks

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I have the old variety, works well. For as compact as it is, I can fit a *lot* of sh*t in there. Camelbak does freeze on occasion, if you blow air through the tube there's nothing to freeze.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I like the way it fits on my back. It is narrow and I can't tell it is there.

But it is small. I had an HMK before. I like the room of the HMK better but comfort goes to the Klim.

One other thing. If you have an avalanche probe that is lets say 1/4" dia or bigger it won't fit in the loop/pocket on the bottom of the pack. I have to leave two of the lengths out of the pocket to get it to fit. Kind of a bad deal.

But overall it works fine.

Thunder

B
Nov 28, 2007
Pocatello, ID
I really like mine. I think the shovel mount works very well and I'm able fit my probe on the other side very easily. I like that it doesn't feel like a huge bag strapped to my back. I can still fit a lot of crap in it but the nice thing is I can hardly tell I have it on even when it's stuffed full. I rarely use the bladder because the delivery tube does freeze up sometimes. As mentioned before, if you blow air through the tube after you take a drink it won't freeze up. Hope this helps. ;)

Premium Features