• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA MtnPro Tunnel Bag on the 850

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
I put 2 coats of silicone spray on mine. Hasn't gotten wet inside last 2 rides. It's cold tho, nothing is melting while riding and I bring it inside at nite.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
sled solutions bag adapted to the linq mounts. the linq parts are mounted directly to the sled solutions bag. there is no expensive "base" needed.

Linq brackets/mounts are only $20, I don't understand how they can justify adding so much $ for that is all. I think I'm going $90 rack (bolts into Linq holes) and a $25 dry bag or $50-75 pelican. $395 is crazy, maybe I'm wrong.

B
Nov 25, 2016
I had a doodoo tunnel bag that was starting to tear from the linQ bracket. I removed the existing linQ bracket and attached a plastic base. I borrowed the HDPE plastic idea from the post mentioned earlier. I found the 1/4" thick plastic to be plenty ridged for this application. I used the BCA pocket to attach on one side of the platic and bolted the other side down. Now the bag can detach as needed with the linQ connections.

FYI..It appears the doodoo tunnel bags tear from the linQ bracket quite often. IF you don't have a bag laying around you be able to find someone else's bag that has failed. It seems the doodoo tunnel bags fail due to a lack of supporting surface area on the inside of the bag. A larger flange/bracket may have helped the bag be more reliable.

Another idea for the think tank! Enjoy

BRAAAAPPPPPP!!!

20161226_174955.jpg 20161226_175015.jpg 20161226_175049.jpg 20161226_175111.jpg 20161226_175443.jpg

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Here's a new one from Skinz. FTEC tunnel pack for the 850. Mounts in the LINQ holes. Raised mount allows air flow for the cooler. FTEC molded base, overseen top. Includes the waterproof cover you see in the pic. Keeps everything dry. Remove the cover to access the bag. $189.95.

skinz tunnel bag.jpg

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
I had a doodoo tunnel bag that was starting to tear from the linQ bracket. I removed the existing linQ bracket and attached a plastic base. I borrowed the HDPE plastic idea from the post mentioned earlier. I found the 1/4" thick plastic to be plenty ridged for this application. I used the BCA pocket to attach on one side of the platic and bolted the other side down. Now the bag can detach as needed with the linQ connections.

FYI..It appears the doodoo tunnel bags tear from the linQ bracket quite often. IF you don't have a bag laying around you be able to find someone else's bag that has failed. It seems the doodoo tunnel bags fail due to a lack of supporting surface area on the inside of the bag. A larger flange/bracket may have helped the bag be more reliable.

Another idea for the think tank! Enjoy

BRAAAAPPPPPP!!!
Awesome use of the BRP bag base!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
I have a couple TAGear bags on our summits and they leaked like a sieve so I removed them and painted the bottom and sides with plasti-dip rubberized paint. The Cordura really soaked it up and so far it's working good. They're a very inexpensive bag also pretty small but I don't take a lot of crap with me. $500. for a tunnel bag is getting a little out of hand imo.

S

saurus

Nov 1, 2014
Canada
Picked up a Sled Solutions Altitude 16 and have been on around 8 mountain rides with it so far in powder and while snowing all day. After riding leave sled in garage where all the day's accumulated snow melts. In the morning the contents of the bag are bone dry as i would expect them to be.

yes the price is crazy if you are in Canada and want the Linq option - however the quality appears to be good so far.
To save on cost - perhaps find a cheaper Linq rack and tie the bag to it.

The cheapest mounting option appears to be to mount the bag directly to the sled with attached straps using rivets. You can also tie the straps up in such a way that it hook up to a 3rd party rack.

The other mounting options cost more $: the bag is bolted to hard rails that bolt to the tunnel, or, add linq adapters that screw into the hard rails.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Been looking at those bags for a while but for canadain buyers it's Just over 500$ shipped.... A bit excessive for what it is.

Just to be clear the bag CAN be used without the Linq set up for much less.

We didn't even want to offer the Linq adapters because of the cost. The public kept pushing and I had to do it. Cut my margins as low as I could to make it the price it is today. I'm shocked at how many people buy the full set up but to each his own.

If the bag itself had no mounting options and truly WAS $500 plus I could agree.

G-RAD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I know it doesn't cost that much, you must have selected Express Shipping. We usually ship these bags to Canada for around $50.

Just seen these posts.

Ya just checked again on your site, I must have made a mistake last time it's $53.30 USD so $71.57 CAD

You mentioned in your post about getting the bag without mounting options. What all does your linQ option include for the price ?

Do you ever have year end sales or pre season sales to make it reasonable for a canadian buyer

Turtle

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I purchased one of his bags a couple weeks ago and spent a week in Togwotee. I just used the rivets supplied for mounting and it worked out great. Yea the link option is nice but I didn't want to spent the extra $$ for that option and it works just fine mounting with the rivets supplied. Very satisfied customer here. Thanks Sled Solutions!

Premium Features