• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

track ratcheting after installing two wheel kit

J
Nov 30, 2007
I set my track back to what seemed to be tight after the install but was still ratcheting yesterday. Just not sure what would cause this problem since it wasn't happening before.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
how much of a gap do you have between the top of the lugs on the track to the hyfax? 1 3/8 inches without extra vert drivers. If you have extra verts you can run a lil looser.

Do you have the same gap on both sides of the rails? inside of track lugs to hyfax.

look at your drivers for excessive.

Last edited:
L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
My thoughts in doing two wheels on my sleds, its better to have the two wheels inside the rails lined up close to where the two drivers are on the drive axle.

I think track tension might be more consistent when compared to two drivers outside the rails. If yours are inside the rails I don't know, have to think about it some more.

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
Ok thought about a minute, indexing the drivers on the large axles and installing them is a bunch harder than the older smaller diameter hex drive shafts. If the inexing is off a bit it could be causing some problems.

I have Arvid 3" pitch 7 tooth drivers (CNC'd) and they are perfectly round. and no side to side wobble. They run smoother than Doo molded 8 tooth that are almost an inch larger in diameter. The doo are out of round and wobble huge side to side.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Driveshaft bearings good?
Drivers not rounded off?
If everything is good, its probably just too loose....about 1.5" with a little pressure is good. Too loose or too tight will rob track speed.

J
Nov 30, 2007
It wasn't ratcheting the weekend before in similar snow so it's gotta be the tension. I'm going to check the bearings and drivers tonight though.

Premium Features