• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 p ten cutting out

zeke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Runs fine up to the alpine and ok for an hour or 2 then on a hard pull (3/4 to
w o t ) it'll cut out, spit and sputter for a couple seconds then snap back (usually stuck or over the bars by then). It never stalls but will continue like that for the rest of the day. Not down the trail but no real load and speeds get too high to hold it long enough. Not in fluffy snow either. No mods. Have checked plugs and wires, reeds, electrical connections, carbs, dpm and disconnected the battery. Of course it can't be replicated down at the shop so it's hard to diagnose. Another guy on here had a similar issue and thought it was exhaust sensor. Don't think a p tek has one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
Test your DMP for air leaks, You will need a water column and a vacuum pump. Also test all the hose's for leaks. I had to replace the large O-ring (293300042) on the big end of the DPM to fix my 2011 xp.
If you ride with another XP swap out DPM form the other sled to see if it fixes the problems.

hockeyb4

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Bozeman, MT
my brother in law and I both have the same sled as yours and he had the same problem turned out to be the dpm and double check your exhaust valve vac lines make sure there are not leaks on them. Although the exhaust valves would be pretty constisant, no the dpm tho

Premium Features