• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twisted M1000 Gurgle Reeds?

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
Finally got my M1000 Twisted Turbo out this weekend for some testing and for the life of me I can not figure out the gurgle and cut out the sled was experiencing. Below are some facts:

VP110 pre mixed 40:1
8-9k elevation
9LB Boost
40psi fuel
2500 miles Reeds and Pistons Replaced at 1600mi
Starts after about 5-6 sometimes 7 pulls, Starts 1 pull warm
Idles fine
12.3AFR on full boost

I have tried every single combo known to man on the box and no matter what I do the top end "retards" and is not clean. The bottom end loads up and gurgles then cleans itself out. If I'm on the throttle on and off it will cut off for a second every once in a while at mid-full throttle then pick itself back up (almost puts you over the bars with it happens). I'm thinking it's reeds and possible pistons? I have not done a compression check. And yes I am going to go to the Boost-it box, but I don't think the box is the problem maybe it is? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
Ok, I'll check both. My numbers have been all over the map trying to fix it I've tried every combo.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Did you drain out your old gas? I was chasing the coughing issue with mine. I have a boost-it box and it still does it. I was out with a smart buddy and he was having the same issue with his twisted 1000. He turned his fuel pressure up to 45 and his issue went away. The boost-it doesn't have any deceleration fuel and the 1000 has a pretty big gulp affect causing a lean condition when you let off hard. SO I added more fuel below my target rpm in hopes it fuesl on way down. The more fuel I added the better it got, to the point my air fuel was 11.4 It Runs stronger at 12.4 but it doesn't like it getting off the gas. Check for boost leaks, check 5psi higher than the target boost level, and make sure your turbo is getting oil and spinning good.

Premium Features