• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ANY IDEAS? SILBER TURBO

T
Mar 5, 2008
When at idle, the gauge was just below 0 on negative side now when idle its more towards the 8 on neg side. If give a little throttle it goes towards the 10 on neg side. At wide open throttle verily goes above 0 on boost side. I can hear it spooling and feels as though building boost but just not right. At dead stop and taking off spits and sputters. Had been working good all year long till now. Any ideas guy's?

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Sounds like a boost leak. Check all your hoses and clamps. Also check everything on the exhaust side. Something is loose or cracked somewhere.

T
Mar 5, 2008
any ideas silber turbo

Ok started looking for broken clamps, cracks etc. there was nothing. Nothing on exhaust side either. Any more ideas?

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Hmmm. Did you pull your pipe and check the exhaust donuts. It's sometimes hard to diagnose over the Internet. Checked all the boost lines? Unless the turbo pooped the bed.

T
Mar 5, 2008
Donuts look good, all lines clear and if turbo went tits up would it still spin freely and no side to side movement?

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
No. Sounds like turbo is good. I don't know. I'm stumped. Did you check your clutch springs. A broken spring will cause some funny stuff sometimes. Could be tps. These problems can be a bugger to diagnose but a lot of times it comes back to something that is not turbo related. It's just the turbo makes any problems that much worse.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Seems to me that the system that senses boost (pressure transducer?) is either broke or needs to be recalibrated. If it's telling you that you are pulling -8PSI at idle...red flag. And chances are, that pressure transducer (or whatever is it) is telling the system to fuel for that pressure level...which would be very lean and cause the bogging issues.

One thing is for sure...there is no way your turbo somehow is spinning backwards and/or pulling vacuum that big. Turbo seems to be fine...they are extremely simple and either work (spin freely) or don't (broken metal pieces).

Premium Features