• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M8 Cutler turbo fuel psi

C
Nov 30, 2013
Billings Montana
I have an 09 m8 with a cutler stage 2 turbo setup. It runs great for the most part. I keep losing fuel pressure and is a pain to get started again after I have been riding for awhile. Also I have to ride with the hot switch on otherwise it throws an ecu 06 code and no idea why. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

M-Head

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Yakima, WA
The hot switch is supposed to be in the on position normally. Only will you switch it to the off position when you can't get your sled started on a hot restart. You will then flip the switch off, pull the rope till the sled tries to start, flip the switch back to the on position, and start it up.

C
Nov 30, 2013
Billings Montana
That's what I thought with the hot switch but wasn't for sure and also to add onto the fuel pressure it never acts up at the same time I could be boondocker and it'll just die or I could be pulling a hill and it'll die there isn't any consistency with it is why I'm confused by it. If it did it all the time at wot id say the fuel pump was goin out but i don't know if those cpc regulators can be rebuilt or what like say it had a bad o ring or something.

M-Head

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Yakima, WA
Check your hoses that come off the intake manifold and go to the fuel pressure regulator, attitude box, and wastegate actuator. Check them all for a leak. Then check your exhaust donut seals at the y-pipe and at the turbo--these seals will give you all kinds of problems if you don't change them regularly.
If you have a fuel pres. gauge, can you see it while riding? You need to verify that the pressure is rising with boost at a 1:1 ratio.
Those are some things I have found over the years--good place to start I guess. Also, check those reeds.

C
Nov 30, 2013
Billings Montana
Yeah ill give that all another look over again I might have missed something, and I do know there is a little bit of an exhaust leak at the y pipe can see a little smoke every now and then didn't know that could cause a problem but prolly about time to replace donuts anyways. And the fuel press guage is under the hood so I can't see it while riding. I just replaced reeds with the boyesen turbo reeds and it is doing the same thing as before I replaced them

Last edited:

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
its very helpfull to have any guages you need for tuning in a location that you can view them while standing and riding otherwise there virtually useless.
question what is this (hot switch ) hooked to?

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
The hot switch is hooked to the water temp sensor, it breaks the circuit, pull sled 3 times over with the switch off, then change switch to on and sled should start. The three pulls with it off tells the ecu its cold and resets ecu letting it start without timing retarded..

I have seen this hot start 3 dollar toggle switch go bad with moisture, so check that.

Last edited:
Premium Features