• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 hard to start

garciava

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
western colorado
New to SkiDoo so I thought when they say starts first pull it would. I am tugging six to eight times before sled starts. It's at 80% broke in. Is this normal?

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Call your dealer. There should be a new reflash. The 15 s had the same issue.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

4nite

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2009
Wyoming
what is the re-flash doing? Had some friends out last weekend riding 9500-10000ft, 15 -20 pulls to get it running! They thought they were told it was changing fuel presure?

Diginit

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2009
Erie, CO
I was at Felkers the other day and Lynn said some are having problems with the fuel check valve not holding.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
There is a ECM reflash for the 16's. Normally they start right up. But for some reason the 16s are acting up on hot restarts.

Your dealer should have the stuff and info by now to get you fixed up.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Jeebuz, I would Doo would get their sheet together. Riser block clamps not fitting right, bad fuel hoses, and now ANOTHER ECU update?
Of the two that I have run, neither one has had a starting issue that is too bad. 174 has 53 miles, 154 has 400. But I did notice that I had to crack the throttle to start the 154 last ride. Back to the dealer...

L
Mar 8, 2008
Yes there is a reflash for the 800 e-tec concerning machines being hard to start when hot at high elevation, take it to your dealer and you should be taken care of.

Oct 2, 2010
Michigan
My dad had that issue on his 2015. They said it was the fuel check valve and they actually ended up replacing the whole fuel pump and I believe they did the reflash too. After that, didn't have single issue

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
My 15 had the ECU update. Still have intermittent problems with this. Maybe I should take it back into the dealer.

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
<label style="font-size:20px;"> SKI-DOO 2016-8 800R E-Tec Hard To Start At High Altitude When Hot</label>
<table class="htmlDetailElementTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
<table class="noBorder" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" rowspan="1" valign="top">
</td><td colspan="1" rowspan="1" valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="1" rowspan="1" valign="top">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="1" rowspan="1" valign="top">Bulletin no:</td><td colspan="1" rowspan="1" valign="top"> 2016-8 (mbg2016-008 en MS)
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="1" rowspan="1" valign="top">Campaign no.:</td><td colspan="1" rowspan="1" valign="top"> 2015–0024
2016–0011
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="1" rowspan="1" valign="top">Publication date:</td><td colspan="1" rowspan="1" valign="top"> December 10, 2015
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="1" rowspan="1" valign="top">Subject:</td><td colspan="1" rowspan="1" valign="top"> 800R E-TEC Hard to Start at High Altitude When Hot
</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:
S
Nov 27, 2007
New to SkiDoo so I thought when they say starts first pull it would. I am tugging six to eight times before sled starts. It's at 80% broke in. Is this normal?

There is a fix coming out for reprogramming ecm for hard start at high altitude a 3 in our group has this problem

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
I got the latest "altitude software" and no change in my sled....worst starting sled I have had, and I have had a 2013, 2014, 2015 all electric starts...when hot this girl will never start on the first push of the button....I even tried it where I hold it down and continue to crank....wont fire. let off and try again and it usually starts or on the 3rd try for sure....WTF!!

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Anybody get the "fix" yet and actually have there sleds start fine when warm?

I have this issue, however my dealer is somewhat far away. I dont really want to deal with the driving time yet, if the supposed reflash doesnt fix the warm start issue. Would rather wait a bit, and see if anything else happens in the next week or 2.

In my experience, the sled seems to start harder if I really push it and then shut it off somewhat quick. Aka, if I Pull a hill wide open a few times then shut it off, it takes 10-20 pulls to start. If I am just gently trail riding all day, sled seems to start fine all day then.

Also if I let the sled idle for a 10-15 seconds before I shut it off after I work it hard, this seems to help a bit, and it will start like it should. But this just seems to help, definitly doesnt work all the time...

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Anybody get the "fix" yet and actually have there sleds start fine when warm?

I have this issue, however my dealer is somewhat far away. I dont really want to deal with the driving time yet, if the supposed reflash doesnt fix the warm start issue. Would rather wait a bit, and see if anything else happens in the next week or 2.

In my experience, the sled seems to start harder if I really push it and then shut it off somewhat quick. Aka, if I Pull a hill wide open a few times then shut it off, it takes 10-20 pulls to start. If I am just gently trail riding all day, sled seems to start fine all day then.

Also if I let the sled idle for a 10-15 seconds before I shut it off after I work it hard, this seems to help a bit, and it will start like it should. But this just seems to help, definitly doesnt work all the time...

this is exactly what mine is doing...Im 5 min from the dealer so we have been trying new flahes but this latest one for me did zip....

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I rode with a free ride yesterday that Felkers supposedly fixed. They replaced the fuel pump. It still does it.

LB1

Premium Member
Nov 22, 2013
Broomfield, CO
My 2015 was having the same hot start problem late last year. Brought my sled to Felkers last week and they played with fuel check valve. Going to try it out this weekend.
I only seemed to have the problem about 5% of time. Happened a couples times after a longer hill climb and putting a good load on the engine. Got to the top shut it down it to take a break. Then go to restart and nothing.

Premium Features