• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Have turbo pc ??? I don't see much lately

J

jkjasperson

Jan 28, 2008
Rock Springs, Wyoming
Last year I built a Proclimb with a CPC setup. It was nice, runs well. The Attitude controller is a piece of garbage. Ended up throwing the controller in the trash and went with a Vipec. That made all the difference in that sled. Last week I finished up a 2016 Proclimb with a Boondocker kit, tunnel dump exhaust and Linderman porting. No snow yet so only a few miles testing on the road but it runs really strong. The new Boondocker controller is really nice and I think it's going to work well. No splicing into injectors or piggy backing wires with this setup. Plugs directly into the computer and that's it. The kit itself was really nice, no clumsy airborne to deal with has a slick charge tube setup. Tunnel dump fit well with new MVM chain case cover and oil tank. The box came pre programmed from Boondocker but the numbers were way off which is to be expected. Had to add fuel across the board. All in all both kits are nice, use the same 2860 turbo, but the Boondocker controller is far superior to the attitude that the CPC kit comes with.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I've been on and around the sc sleds. Speedwerx has their product figured out now and are continually looking for ways to make it better. This years kit has exhaust refinement and a water to air inter cooler and belt driven pulley. The fuel economy isn't any worse than my 925 big bore or any turbo sled I've owned compared to the sc.

Max I'm betting the pipe for the sc is different than their stage 2 pipe for the m8000. Don't know 100% but after hearing and reading about the pipe and exhaust improvements to this years kit, I'm betting they are.

Back to wyo's question... I have been sniffing around on this topic as well and just don't see much anymore. I have ran the cutlers turbo kits on my sleds. It's always worked. My last m8 had the 2871 turbo. I'd prob prefer smaller on next turbo if I went that direction. It did feel a bit laggy on bottom.

I like what I see with impulse turbos.... From what I have read and watched. Never ridden one... Don't see that they make a kit for ac. They are big in the doo world and now I see poo this year. I would like to see more from this company. At this point in the game if I went back to boost I would go with the sc unless impulse came out with a kit for the m8000. I would consider it.

Bru

Good to know, :)

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Last year I built a Proclimb with a CPC setup. It was nice, runs well. The Attitude controller is a piece of garbage. Ended up throwing the controller in the trash and went with a Vipec. That made all the difference in that sled. Last week I finished up a 2016 Proclimb with a Boondocker kit, tunnel dump exhaust and Linderman porting. No snow yet so only a few miles testing on the road but it runs really strong. The new Boondocker controller is really nice and I think it's going to work well. No splicing into injectors or piggy backing wires with this setup. Plugs directly into the computer and that's it. The kit itself was really nice, no clumsy airborne to deal with has a slick charge tube setup. Tunnel dump fit well with new MVM chain case cover and oil tank. The box came pre programmed from Boondocker but the numbers were way off which is to be expected. Had to add fuel across the board. All in all both kits are nice, use the same 2860 turbo, but the Boondocker controller is far superior to the attitude that the CPC kit comes with.

The previous bd kits just didn't impress, back in 2011 I was very impressed but on the newer chassis it just didn't feel like any was happening for the first little bit. I need usable throttle controlled power quick so I'm curious how this one works out.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
So to clear it up a bit, I want as light as possible with the most potential for quick boost, not big boost, so 8-10lbs max. maybe even 6-7lbs if it works right.

Now intercoolers, etc... I don't know what an sc weighs but if it uses a intercooler then I'm deffinately not interested.

I had fun today on my 16 that has about 30lbs removed with a can and a hood.

I have a lightweight 36lb kmod coming and it is needed, I can ride wheelies with this thing from a stand still on flat ground.

I'm going to talk to someone that is familiar with high elevation turbos and get some input from him. like I said I'm rarely under 10k around here.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Sorry, I've been gone for a while enjoying my supercharger. With the new water/air intercooler, intake temps were a consistent 70* track speed is around 65, on a gps calibrated gauge. Only thing I had to do in three days of riding is change a C3 belt drive belt. Also got around 7.5 mpg. The updated pipe works great, I believe it is necked down slightly more.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Sorry, I've been gone for a while enjoying my supercharger. With the new water/air intercooler, intake temps were a consistent 70* track speed is around 65, on a gps calibrated gauge. Only thing I had to do in three days of riding is change a C3 belt drive belt. Also got around 7.5 mpg. The updated pipe works great, I believe it is necked down slightly more.

Since you insist on bring a SC into a turbo thread I'll be curious.

How much boost
What was your elevation

whats this SC kit on a PC rtr weigh
Whats it cost

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
7.6 lbs @8300 rpms. That's at about 6500', but it runs very similar in cooke at 8-10k. Pump fuel.

Also, if you would have read my previous posts in this thread before bashing me, you would have seen that it added about 8 lbs over a stocker. I also posted that retail is $7500 and you said you didn't see the value. Starting to see the light huh?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
7.6 lbs @8300 rpms. That's at about 6500', but it runs very similar in cooke at 8-10k. Pump fuel.

Also, if you would have read my previous posts in this thread before bashing me, you would have seen that it added about 8 lbs over a stocker. I also posted that retail is $7500 and you said you didn't see the value. Starting to see the light huh?

Nope, what I see is still the same just thought I would check and make sure.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Nope, what I see is still the same just thought I would check and make sure.

Exactly what is it that you are seeing? You don't even try a SC but you are sure it wouldn't work? You mention earlier that you would get boost for $2500. Half of $5300 is what you said. Not sure where you are getting that deal unless it is used or some pieced together kit. I know Carl. I know how he rides. If he says it works, I believe him. I'm going to get out and ride one of these sleds. I tried to hook up with Carl on a ride last year but it didn't work.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Also saw a silber pc in a trailer with 2km on it, with a dead hole.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Exactly what is it that you are seeing? You don't even try a SC but you are sure it wouldn't work? You mention earlier that you would get boost for $2500. Half of $5300 is what you said. Not sure where you are getting that deal unless it is used or some pieced together kit. I know Carl. I know how he rides. If he says it works, I believe him. I'm going to get out and ride one of these sleds. I tried to hook up with Carl on a ride last year but it didn't work.

Really, where exactly did I say they wouldn't or didn't work?

I never did!

What I may have said was I don't think it will work for what I'm looking for, that has only to do with my preferences and doesn't say single damm thing about them not working. So let me clear it up for you. I think on 6-7lbs they will work for 90% of people or more. In the past years I wouldn't have but they have refined them enough now that I like what I see.

Still its not suited for what I want to build. As far as 2500 goes, of course its not a kit. That would be me building a kit, using the right parts I like and then building or adding my preference.

Why do you think I started this thread?

Let me fill you in. I'm curious what people have been finding for "turbo" kits lately. Any info helps weather I don't like it or not. I gather as much info as I can and then do what I want. That may mean throwing out everything I hear or using everything I hear.

Otherwise you just as well be in the poo section buying into anything that goes, like lower gearing fixes belt issues on a cat. I have to proof against that!

There are so many people out there doing there own thing and some wind up with great results. That's what I want to hear.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Hey Wyo, if you are so smart, how come you ain't rich?

Last edited:

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
If it matters, you might try and get a hold of this guy on YouTube. I only know him from his video's, and I believe he mentions in one of his vids that he runs a boondocker, but that was on one of the earlier ProClimbs. From what I've seen, his sled pulls pretty hard, but I have no experience with a Turbo.

All Seasons Motorsports

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Hey Wyo, if you are so smart, how come you ain't rich?

We'll if every guy out there who thinks he is smart was rich. We would be fresh out of poor folks. I have 74 employees and I think there is still more drama on this site than on the job sites. Well it's close anyway. For what's it worth the best running setups I have seen on a cat were a twisted setup. All on M 's though. The cutler pump gas seem to do ok as well here. Lag seemed very minimal with the cutler. Curious to what you come up with wyo. I am going to run this 920 for a couple years. Then I am thinking turbo on the next one. I am by no means a turbo expert. But I did run against a bunch of them with my 880. Twisted for top end pull cutler for quick response is what what I saw.

Last edited:
Premium Features