• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz steering post bends.

D
Feb 7, 2014
Revelstoke, BC
The bushing setup is good with no slop, but with no slop it is even more load on the steering post and that demands a strong post.
If you take off the hood, and grab the handlebars and "wiggle" in different directions you will notice it flexes in the bend. The post is 5 mm thinner, and in the bent part it is 10 mm thinner. The OEM steering post does not flex at all and has more diameter , 29mm.

I run 3 inch riser and my buddy 2 inch. We dont do big jumps or abuse our sleds, our riding is normal backcountry sidehill and forest riding.

Stock posts bend too for those that think the wider diameter is better. Not sure what it is but Skinz post appears robe abetted quality metal than stock. This was on my first day.

Last edited:
L
Jan 2, 2015
British Columbia
Whats the conclusion on the Skinz steering post re-locator?
I'm looking into buying one for my T3.
I'd like to know if it gets your position on the sled further forward and whats the quality of the product?

D
Feb 7, 2014
Revelstoke, BC
I'd like to know if it gets your position on the sled further forward and whats the quality of the product?

Was a lot more comfortable for me. Didn't notice any lack of quality. A bit of an install but I think it is going to stay strong. You will need a shorter riser after. I went to a 3" RSI and really like the position.

M

mocflats

Jan 21, 2009
I just received a post forward from skinz and its a straight post and show cutting of the airbox does anybody know if they changed the design or did I get the wrong one I bought the skinz thinking I wouldn't have to cut anything

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
I installed one on my T3. I really like the position and immediately felt comfortable on my sled with it. I definitely recommend it. It does have a little bit of flex, but so far no major issues. Fit and quality were good.

I just received a post forward from skinz and its a straight post and show cutting of the airbox does anybody know if they changed the design or did I get the wrong one I bought the skinz thinking I wouldn't have to cut anything

Mine I bought about a month ago was straight and required cutting. Maybe it is their response to the bent post complaints people are having. Cutting the airbox was not a big deal. Just use a good quality silicone when riveting in the new piece provided in the kit. My install wen very smoothly and didn't take much time.

M

mocflats

Jan 21, 2009
I installed one on my T3. I really like the position and immediately felt comfortable on my sled with it. I definitely recommend it. It does have a little bit of flex, but so far no major issues. Fit and quality were good.

Mine I bought about a month ago was straight and required cutting. Maybe it is their response to the bent post complaints people are having. Cutting the airbox was not a big deal. Just use a good quality silicone when riveting in the new piece provided in the kit. My install wen very smoothly and didn't take much time.

Pm'd wheelhouse and he said they changed the design cutting the airbox isn't a bad thing just thought maybe I ordered the wrong one how long did the install take?

T
Mar 21, 2014
I just inslalled the skinz kit and it is loose in all the bushings and flexy. I have been in contact with skinz and Jake acted like I was wrong. I sent him a video and now he won't return my calls or emails. IMO atleast the one i got is garbage. Now i am stuck with a wobbly post a cut out of my airbox and my upper plastic. Cant really go back to stock. Not satisfied.

Trolltech

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2008
I just inslalled the skinz kit and it is loose in all the bushings and flexy. I have been in contact with skinz and Jake acted like I was wrong. I sent him a video and now he won't return my calls or emails. IMO atleast the one i got is garbage. Now i am stuck with a wobbly post a cut out of my airbox and my upper plastic. Cant really go back to stock. Not satisfied.

I have the same experience like you. but I sold it before I mounted it on my sled and shopped a kit from C3..much better quality on their post. same experience with skinz airframesboards..far away from the greatest quality!

Premium Features