• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hour to get 8000 rpm?

T
Dec 31, 2007
Invermere,Bc
Hi, I'm running a 05 M7 Le 162 with fresh top end.
My riding is at 6000 to 9000 feet. I when from stock 68 to 66g. weight, orange spring, pipe and can.
it runs good but I only get to 7700rpm. what to do to get to 8000?

T
Dec 31, 2007
Invermere,Bc
never tried 65g. Belt is new. for the secondary, don't know much about it, new rollers and it sitting on top of the shives.
There is an external key with three holes on mine to make the spring tighter.
Would stiffen up the secondary clutch spring get me up to more rpm or I should get down in weight?

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Runs it as far out as can, the orange spring is to big.. JMO

Are you talking orange in the secondary?
If so SLEDTAHOE is 100% right. Orange is for the 800s and the M7 will never overcome it. He will lose RPMs fighting that spring. He will have to go with a lighter spring. Try the 0748-025** Green 157 lb. Primary was the Titanium spring.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Tighten the secondary spring 1/2" turn at a time until you hit 7950rpm and leave it. If you have more than 500 miles on the primary spring then get a new one.

Before rebuild what rpm did it run

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Tighten the secondary spring 1/2" turn at a time until you hit 7950rpm and leave it. If you have more than 500 miles on the primary spring then get a new one.

Before rebuild what rpm did it run

It won't help if he has the orange spring, Primary or secondary. You have the right idea on adjusting the RPM problem with the secondary but he will start to lose track speed. The primary will also start to heat up because of slipping. The RPM at 8,000 gives the top HP on the M7. This is going to start a huge arguement but it has beem hashed out years ago.
Here is some reading and Kelsey spells it out really good.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222843
Dump the orange. I had the orange/Black in the primary. It didn't work there. I had the orange in the secondary and I lost track speed.

T
Dec 31, 2007
Invermere,Bc
Deffinitly need to clarified.
Orange spring at the primary(front) with now 66g weight.
ti spring at the secondary (back) with external key to adjust pressure.
I had 68 before with i beleve more pressure on the secondary spring for the same RPM (7600).
The cluche ingare at 4500 rpm fron stop position. I find that a tab high, good in powder but sucks on trails.

Thanks for helping out, would like to find that last rpm power I never tasted.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i like the stock yellow/white primary spring and the black/Orange H5 alloy spring from speedwerx in the secondary, that's what i run with cpc adjustable weights set at roughly 66 grams. best setup I've tried so far and I've tried a lot of setups.but you could probably turn your adjuster in on the secondary to get your rpms up.

S
Feb 21, 2009
yep

Are you talking orange in the secondary?
If so SLEDTAHOE is 100% right. Orange is for the 800s and the M7 will never overcome it. He will lose RPMs fighting that spring. He will have to go with a lighter spring. Try the 0748-025** Green 157 lb. Primary was the Titanium spring.

Just doesnt hold rpm. what he said^^ or try stock...

T
Dec 31, 2007
Invermere,Bc
what I understand is turn the adjuster in on secondary to apply more tension would bring the rpm up. hopefully that would keep the belt lower in the primary and rev it up more.

T
Dec 31, 2007
Invermere,Bc
I just been reading some post from Kelsey with RK tek.
Lots to talk about the Orange spring not been good for the M7. I have one at the front. Is it the issue there.
My secondary is set soft now. I do feel more track speed with less RPM (7600)
Hot to get to 8000 mark without messing with the secondary? Drop even more grams on the primary?
Thanks.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
the orange spring everyone else is referring to is the secondary spring. the only thing the orange primary spring should really do is raise the rpm in which the sled takes off. if you have a softer secondary spring i'd start with turning the adjuster in some and see where that gets ya, it should help plus its free to try.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Just tighten the secondary a 1/2 turn at a time until rpm comes up to 7950rpm and holds.

shouldn't take to much, if you want lower engagement try the yellow/white in the primary or the SW green/white (barely more than the yellow/white)

M

mezz250x

Feb 1, 2008
Dassel, MN
It won't help if he has the orange spring, Primary or secondary. You have the right idea on adjusting the RPM problem with the secondary but he will start to lose track speed. The primary will also start to heat up because of slipping. The RPM at 8,000 gives the top HP on the M7. This is going to start a huge arguement but it has beem hashed out years ago.
Here is some reading and Kelsey spells it out really good.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222843
Dump the orange. I had the orange/Black in the primary. It didn't work there. I had the orange in the secondary and I lost track speed.

Thank you for bring up that old thread. So much good info in there, one should read that once a year!

Premium Features