• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

air mixture screws

08nytromtxa

Dec 17, 2007
tisdale saskatchewan
anybody have any idea how many turns out on the air fuel mixtures screws that are on the throttle bodies of a nytro mtx. i am trying to get mine back to stock. if anyone have there tank off and could see how many screws in it takes would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
Ask Neil at Boost-it about this. He calls them air screws, which are located on top/back of the throttle bodies. He recommended I open them 1/2 turn from from the stock location, to improve idle after turbo install.

Have not done it yet--its on my schedule for this Saturday---stay tuned!!

08nytromtxa

Dec 17, 2007
tisdale saskatchewan
screws

on the mcx instructions it calls to turn them counterclockwise 1/4 or 1/2 turn . messed around with them and found 2 turns out from being seated tight in worked best. they are not idle screws because if i turned them more then 2 it would run worse. which is my reason i call them air mixture screws. i am sure there is a more technical word for them but i am not no throttle body genius.

Premium Features