• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR mountain handling

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
You are too high with the front torque arm bolt. You need the sled to pivot around some on the front of the skid to make it roll easier and carry some of the weight of the front end. If you lower the back crossshaft (which will raise the bumper higher off the ground) you will be going the wrong way and planting the front even more. Drill another set of holes and try it, it only takes a half a beer to move the skid and the other half can be enjoyed while reveling about how great it now works. The sled will wheelie, but it makes it fun and you will learn to like a bike and lean. I promise, it will be a blast to ride once it is dialed in.

How much lower should I go in front?

How much front track shock preload should I be running?

Last edited:
A

Andreas83

Feb 20, 2008
Norway
I got a tips on a norwegian forum about a product that carbonsled sells.
I am buying a set of theese when i start on my iqr 1200wc mountain sled.
Looks like a good way to add support for the bolts an be able to adjust the hight of the front arm in the rear suspension without drilling new holes.
front%20torque%20arm%20plates%20pic%20croped%20lg.JPG

I

IQRTurbo

Dec 2, 2010
Central MN
How much lower should I go in front?

I am about 3/4 " lower in the front, but have a holz skid and am running a doo rail that turns up faster at the tips to reduce the chance of stabbing and also have an anti stab kit on to make sure it never does.

How much front track shock preload should I be running?

Hard to say as everything varies slightly. That is easy to change, try different prelaods and see what you like.

J
Oct 12, 2002
Idaho, Meridian
Twostroke,
Drop the front control arm down one hole below the stock location and trim the rails to clear the drivers, make sure the center to center is correct.
If you are really frustrated you can always load it up and drive here to Meridian I'll help you set it up.

Edit, I didn't read that you had doo rails, my setup is a holz out of an edge

Last edited:
T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
Twostroke,
Drop the front control arm down one hole below the stock location and trim the rails to clear the drivers, make sure the center to center is correct.
If you are really frustrated you can always load it up and drive here to Meridian I'll help you set it up.

Edit, I didn't read that you had doo rails, my setup is a holz out of an edge

I have a stock rmk 151" ski, 05'. rails are trimmed and running a anti-stab. Been meaning to drop it one hole, the ski pressure it unreal right now, get a serious upper body work out.

I

IQRTurbo

Dec 2, 2010
Central MN
To all the guys trying to get these to handle in the snow.... I installed a set of PRO spindles on the front end and what a difference in reduced steering effort. The pro spindle has nearly 3.75 inch centerline to steering mount while the IQ, Holz EZ steer, Barkbusters ect. Have all been about 3" . The extra leverage was a huge improvement. I had to correct the geometry with some custom bushings to eliminate bump steer and correct the 10 mm holes for the 3/8 inch bolts on the Iq RMK front end I am running.

I

IQRTurbo

Dec 2, 2010
Central MN
I don't know for sure, bought them with a ton of other stuff, I do know they were less than aftermarket, somewhere around $130 each, I think.

arcticcatwill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, id
I have an m7 162 and an iqr with a 50% race gas, ported, rmk 700 motor, 136 track. My iqr is fun for jumping and wheelying. I probably wheely over backwards twice a day when i ride, hillclimbing or doondocking. But hands down my m7 is way easier to ride for powder launching, boondocking and climbing. That being said my iqr is all stock racer except for the track, motor, and clutching. Im starting to work the suspention over trying to get it a little better for not jumping off buildings.

P2050044.jpg

Will

C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
I had a mseries for about a month, hated it. drop your skid in front, longer track, then put 38/39" wide front end on and you won't be riding the m7 anymore.
Just an addition to this. Ditch the extended iqr skid (which has terrible deep snow manners and weighs a ton btw) and replace it with a consumer skid, or even better, an aftermarket skid, and really get the best out of it! You won't believe how much better it can be

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
Just an addition to this. Ditch the extended iqr skid (which has terrible deep snow manners and weighs a ton btw) and replace it with a consumer skid, or even better, an aftermarket skid, and really get the best out of it! You won't believe how much better it can be

I agree, if you cant afford aftermarket pick up a rmk skid, pretty reasonable used.

Premium Features