• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

batterys YTZ7S ???????????

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
My researched showed the yuasa ytz7s is the best bang for the buck. Costs a few more $$ but worth it in the end?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
yuasa 7 in my Apex. Started at -26*F last year, never let me down yet. Eric

D
Sep 19, 2008
Sandy, UT
I bought one off e-bay on this site http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/motoxoutlet for $32.99 and it has not let me down yet. Granted it does not go below minus 10C here on the "wet" coast so it may be different for you guy on the praries. It is a knockoff but works fine.

how long have you been using it for?

If the battery wouldn't start my nytro, is there a manual way to start it other than jumper cables and another sled?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Centennial CO
Yesterday it was -30, 2 year old OEM battery no start would not even engage the solenoid had to jump start it and then the battery would not take a charge had to leave it run all day. The other 08 Nytro in the lot started just fine he said the batteries pretty much have a 2 year limit he replaces his every year to ensure it starts no matter the temp. Always learning something new. Thanks Ryan.... :D

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Been running the stock battery on my 06 TApex with 4500 miles and no issues, even at -44F last winter in Stanley Id. My wife's 07 TApex also has 5000 miles with the stock battery and it started fine. A friend had the light weight battery and we had to jump it off a truck battery to get his started. I replaced the steering and A arm bushing this fall, so while I had the inter-cooler out I replaced the batteries on both sleds just in case. I was going to go with the lighter batteries but I figured for the few extra lbs I'd go with the stock batteries.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
The yusa 7 in my apex has been in there since 06 and it just turned over 6600 miles tonight.

I just hate taking off good parts :) I'll replace it when it no longer starts the sled. Eric

Premium Features