• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park/West Yellowstone

P
Nov 28, 2007
Minnesota
Been to bighorns twice and togwotee once. Loved the riding Togwotee has to offer. What sort of stuff does Island park offer, terrain and riding types?

How about west yellowstone? How do either compare to togwotee

REDMAN

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2005
Dayton, Mn
Island park and west yellowstone are basically the same riding area,25 miles apart. We go to island park every year and we'll ride thru west yellowstone a few times. Alot more options then the bighorns. You can find any kind of riding you want. We have been to tog and the horns several times, but prefer IP.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Minnesota
i dont like trail riding really. like hills, steep, shallow, deep, meadows. my buddy said island park is really wooded, and ride trails from place to place. where i was like f that. tog we could ride offtrail all day and never touch the trail and lay fresh track

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
I love island park and like some one said above lot of trails and the funny thing is no mater what part of the season there just jump off the trail 100 yards and you can find untracked snow everywhere :D Lots of great things to see too such as two tops big springs and mesa falls.

S
Nov 27, 2007
WI
I'm also in agreement with the IP area. You can find endless off trail opportunities. One must be cautious and keep updated with the AVY reports. Tons of Fun to be had in the IP area. The folks are extremely accomodating and make you feel welcome there! :beer;

Long Gone

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Twin Falls, Idaho
I think the riding there sucks. I have to go there nearly every weekend in the winter in an attempt to find some place to ride. It takes all day and a full tank of fuel to find my happy place. I would never ride there.:D Please, just stay on the trails until I find a place to ride.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I think the riding there sucks. I have to go there nearly every weekend in the winter in an attempt to find some place to ride. It takes all day and a full tank of fuel to find my happy place. I would never ride there.:D Please, just stay on the trails until I find a place to ride.

am i sensing some sarcasim and misdirection?

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
My dad and I have ridden IP pretty much every weekend every winter for 10+ years (less when I was in college, but you get the point.) Always something new to see, somewhere to go nobody else has been.

Just let someone from the area know when you're gonna be there, you can probably find someone willing to guide for a day or two.

Premium Features