• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR vs. PRO

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
anybody have input on how these two chassis compare?
not looking for a bash thread please

i am looking into getting an IQR 155"

Thanks in advance!

M
Mar 27, 2008
I ride an 09 iqr all stock engine with a 136 x 2 track and c & a skis and love it! I ride out west and love tree riding and love jumping and big natural features...lol....I guess all of us do! I am in the middle of building another iqr with a 146 track and 800 with twins..that said I just rode a demo pro ride 800 turbo with a 163 and couldn't believe how much I like it and how comfortable I was on it...just kept clappin the stock suspension out...but that can be fixed easy...I think I was in love with the turbo and the power mainly! As far as the chassis goes I loved it...very easy transition from the iqr with no disappointment....hope this helps...

M
Jul 11, 2008
Tough call

I have an 09 155 800 RMK, an 11 pro rmk 155, and a 150" camo extreme IQR 800 VES with twins, VE bumper kit, holtz front suspension, and rmk rear skid.
The IQR is by far the most fun and responsive! the pro without swaybar is right in the middle of IQR and RMK for performance, and being nimble (nimblility?) Both foctory sleds will outclimb my IQR, by just a froghair, but that is because my IQR rear skid is set up for more ski lift (much more fun for playing).
The 09 RMK feels like a tank after riding the IQR, but that being said, I just purchased an 08 rmk for a turbo project, because it is a solid reliable chassis, and I wanted to only have the turbo to mess with, not a turbo and chassis to work on.
The Pro doesn't feel heavy coming off the IQR, but just doesn't quite have the same flickability and snap. I havent done anything for clutching or changing out suspension yet. The pro needs to be laid over further and still won't carve as sharp as my IQR, but also seems less prone to blowing the tail around and spinning the sled on downhill caves, turning back uphill.
There is nothing like a new sled with a warranty, and reverse. I get tired of wrenching on sleds when there is snow on the ground, so the factory sleds are always there for me. Give it several rides to work the bugs out for a DIY sled.
An IQR can be built for quite a bit less money than a new pro, and they have the cool factor. They are also tough as nails!
My girlfriend claimed my 136" IQR with 726 motor. She can throw that around, and struggles with the 09 rmk. That being said, the 121" IQR660 with the stock 09 wide suspension is tough for her to carve in the spring.
All that being said... crap I really don't know!!! If I had Just the pro, I would really miss the IQR, and if I had just the IQR, I might miss the factory "pull rope go" and fuel injection. Keep in mind I have too many sleds and projects, leading to the factory sleds being very convenient.
I think a fuel injected motor and dragon front and rear suspension on an IQR 155 is about as good as it gets.
Everything is fun in the deep! You really can't go wrong-

J
Dec 20, 2007
Ogden, Utah
I have an 09 155 800 RMK, an 11 pro rmk 155, and a 150" camo extreme IQR 800 VES with twins, VE bumper kit, holtz front suspension, and rmk rear skid.
The IQR is by far the most fun and responsive! the pro without swaybar is right in the middle of IQR and RMK for performance, and being nimble (nimblility?) Both foctory sleds will outclimb my IQR, by just a froghair, but that is because my IQR rear skid is set up for more ski lift (much more fun for playing).
The 09 RMK feels like a tank after riding the IQR, but that being said, I just purchased an 08 rmk for a turbo project, because it is a solid reliable chassis, and I wanted to only have the turbo to mess with, not a turbo and chassis to work on.
The Pro doesn't feel heavy coming off the IQR, but just doesn't quite have the same flickability and snap. I havent done anything for clutching or changing out suspension yet. The pro needs to be laid over further and still won't carve as shharp as my IQR, but also seems less prone to blowing the tail around and spinning the sled on downhill caves, turning back uphill.
There is nothing like a new sled with a warranty, and reverse. I get tired of wrenching on sleds when there is snow on the ground, so the factory sleds are always there for me. Give it several rides to work the bugs out for a DIY sled.
An IQR can be built for quite a bit less money than a new pro, and they have the cool factor. They are also tough as nails!
My girlfriend claimed my 136" IQR with 726 motor. She can throw that around, and struggles with the 09 rmk. That being said, the 121" IQR660 with the stock 09 wide suspension is tough for her to carve in the spring.
All that being said... crap I really don't know!!! If I had Just the pro, I would really miss the IQR, and if I had just the IQR, I might miss the factory "pull rope go" and fuel injection. Keep in mind I have too many sleds and projects, leading to the factory sleds being very convenient.
I think a fuel injected motor and dragon front and rear suspension on an IQR 155 is about as good as it gets.

I wish I had that problem on which sled to ride, can I ride what ever one you don't...!

M
Jul 11, 2008
Update

150" IQR with an 800 is my favorite sled this week..... Just broke bulkhead on the RMK pro yesterday. 162 miles on her.
I think the IQR would have taken this hit and kept going...

M
Jul 11, 2008
how does the 726 compare to the 800? what is the 726 base from, 600 ves ?

The 800 in the IQR was slightly trail ported, and had SLP twins. The VES, oil injected '02 block based 726 has a single SLP pipe and can. The two motors are totally different. The 800 with the 150 would stand straight up off the line, TONS of bottom end! It was under geared, and under clutched. Super fun for corness busting, and boondocking. Those 800s seem to pull even harder when you ask them to...
The 726 doesnt pull off the line, like the 800, but comes to life in the higher rpms, and would outrun the 800 from 30 to 60mph. The 726 with the 136" track was geared up a little for more track speed, I think I might gear it down a hair, and clutch it a little more agressive. It will keep the skis just out of the snow 200ft off the line when there is traction.
The 726 compared to the CFI 800, the 800 has more on the bottom, and less on the top end. Smoother torque curve for sure, and keep in mind it's spinning a 155, and clutching is different.
All that being said, clutching, gearing, and track are huge factors. Before I had my 726 dialed in, Winter ATE MY LUNCH on a 600 stocker with a 155, I believe. He also smoked one of the hardest running sleds I have been around (an 800 skidoo 154).
I sorta went all over the place on that one...
The 800 is much more fun to ride in the tight technical areas, and the 726 is better in the more open terrain.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Just built my 05 IQR with a 146 assualt track, 03 800 ves with twins and hopefully evol X's up front and ex-ryde in back coming soon. Ill let you know how it feels

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Just built my 05 IQR with a 146 assualt track, 03 800 ves with twins and hopefully evol X's up front and ex-ryde in back coming soon. Ill let you know how it feels

probubly just like my 05 iqr with a VES 800, evols up front wiht an ez-ryde and a 151 track.

I built my IQR 3 times, then built an RMK twice. Stock pro is a BETTER all around sled than my mods. Although i wish it ran like my open mod dragon. Ohh well. warranties almost up.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
The Pro doesn't feel heavy coming off the IQR, but just doesn't quite have the same flickability and snap. I havent done anything for clutching or changing out suspension yet. The pro needs to be laid over further and still won't carve as sharp as my IQR, but also seems less prone to blowing the tail around and spinning the sled on downhill caves, turning back uphill.

The pro is a much better sled than the IQR if they are both set up the same. You can set up your pro for ski lift, and my pro flys through the air alot better than my IQR did. landings are a bit rougher but i have $3000 in suspension owrk on my IQR and my pro is stock.

Premium Features