• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1200 watercraft engine in a IQR

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
Has this been done and how would the install be for fit and finish? Does anyone no how much hp this engine would put out for this application? I know as a watercraft it has 155 hp, but you lose 30% because of the jet pump. Thanks for any info!!:face-icon-small-hap

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Yes, it can fit and has been done. Noticed one for sale not 2 long ago big $$ and I am pretty sure its liks 225 hp pump gas and 285 or so full race

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Contact 1200psi on the forum. He has done this mod many times over and builds all the parts to do this mod.

T
Nov 26, 2007
I know a friend of 1200psi's had a whole get up sitting for sale at Haydays.

Motor, carbs, engine plate, pipes, etc. etc. ready to drop into an IQR. I want to say he was asking $5,000, but maybe I should say 6? Anyhow, it had 1200's head cover on the motor, looks real nice. Not sure if the guy still has it all for sale.

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
www.poweraddictionracing.com
I know a friend of 1200psi's had a whole get up sitting for sale at Haydays.

Motor, carbs, engine plate, pipes, etc. etc. ready to drop into an IQR. I want to say he was asking $5,000, but maybe I should say 6? Anyhow, it had 1200's head cover on the motor, looks real nice. Not sure if the guy still has it all for sale.

The guy you are talking about is Jeremy . I sold him a engine kit and he built the motor from used parts. I have is number if you want. Brad

M

MBR46

Dec 1, 2007
my brother and I both did them. i now have a 1500 in the iqr. he is still selling his. it is $13,000 +/- i believe. he has well over 20k in this sled. spared no expense. pm mbr44 and he will get back with you.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Bottom line is .... Yes it can be done... and there are a handful of beautiful examples out there.

BUT... you are talking about peeling off some serious money... no way to do a "Budget" triple IQR.... Ponder on tearing off a minimum $6,000 to $9,000 PLUS the cost of the sled PLUS the cost of the sled mods besides the motor. (Front and rear suspensions/shocks, track, Tunnel, tank, seat, skis, cooling system etc)

It is not a matter of finding an inexpensive triple 1200 WC motor... buying a couple of hundred dollars worth of parts and bolting it in with an adapter plate....

I've seen some "Budget Build" attempts... but the end result was pretty cobbled together... Heck a good triple pipe setup will tear off $1500 when you are done...All custom fitted.

Best to go into the project with "Eyes wide open"... Know what you want the end result to be and how you want it to perform/handle... then build it on paper in reverse order... then start ordering parts.

Premium Features