• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

frt straps broke, rear shock straps bent???

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
I just noticed both the front limit straps are broke, right where the bolt goes thru.
Then I noticed the rear shock, looks like the straps that go along side the shock are bowed out in the middle.
Could the front traveled down enough to allow the rear shock to over center or something? the frt mount look like it could swing up or down??

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
well I straightened the straps and quickly fab a couple of front straps out of a serpentine drive belt so I could go riding

HAS ANYONE BROKE THE FRT STRAPS??

B

brettr3006

Feb 11, 2008
saskatchewan
pos frnt straps

I was changing my front straps just about every ride last year untill I got sick of it. Is seems that the track was wearing them a bit and then they would just break. I then got two straps from CR racing, got a piece of steel pipe to fit over the stock pipe that the straps currently go around, and then welded two tabs on the pipe to attatch the new straps. Now the straps cant wear on the track. Havent broke since.:beer;

T

theflamanguy

Dec 29, 2007
Martensville
yup....lotsa guys on TY complaining about front straps breaking! I've got 1100kms on my xtx and they look like i may get this season out of them before replacing but prolly only cuz i havent ridden at all this year. Finally got some snow though just waitin for the 40km winds to die down

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
Damm it, it happened again
This has to happen to other people
We were trail riding today and I know I never tail landed it hard

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Yup, I broke mine on the last trip of the season last year. Broke the straps and took out the transfer rods. Talk about a suspension transfering then.LOL We had dropped down in a hell-hole when it happened. I tried numerous times to climb out. I just couldn't make it. Luckily I had a ratchet strap in the sled so I sucked the suspension down and limped it back to the trailer.

This year I am installing an M10.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
my apex went through a strap issue. for only 1 year i kept breaking straps constantly. replaced some bent suspension parts and it stopped no idea what the cause of the problem was:face-icon-small-dis

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
Check to make SURE your spacers on the shaft are spaced correctly. If the straps aren't held straight, they will break. Mine were pushed to one side a little and I think that is what caused mine to fail.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I always space them out with rubber hose so the can not move sideways and always line up. Have not had any issues since doing that.

If they pull crooked they will brake. Just my experience.

Premium Features