• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Remote Limiter Strap Adjuster?

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
So, after riding Pro/Axys sleds for the last 7 seasons, I've decided to try a Doo again. I snowchecked a 175" Summit X. I have a ton to learn about setting it up for the season.

I rode a buddies 154" last year and it was a wheelie monster. I have no idea what his setting were. Do you guys see any value in the remote limiter strap adjuster to be able to adjust on the fly? Or do you think the 175" will be settled enough with the correct settings?

I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions...

Thanks!

jokerman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wy.
New to Doo myself. Rode a buddies 850x 165" last year with the remote limiter strap down by your left foot, all's I can say night&day difference. Sno-Checked a 175" with the remote. Coming off the Poo for years, sure gonna be a learning for me LOL!

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
I came off years of Cats to an 850 165". I did not get the adjustable limiter, but my buddy did. HUGE difference in ski pressure. He ended up leaving his in the up position most of the time, but we found that on days he was really getting tired in the steep stuff, he could put the strap back in the long position and help his tired butt as it pulls over on edge easier. Then on the ride out, he'd suck it back up so it would handle turning better. I like having the choice, given how hard it is to adjust the strap in the field. Interested to see how the new setup works with the adjuster on the bars and not by the foot. Down there it often packs with ice and you have to beat on it before it will move.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
I have the remote limiter strap on my 165 easy installation and works as advertised but I don'the think you will need it on the 175? Jmo:face-icon-small-hap

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
I guess, based on the responses so far, it makes sense to get the upgrade. It'll be interesting to see if the handlebar remote works as advertised.

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
With the remote limiter it can be set to switch between setting 3 and 5 or 2 an 4.

Which setting are people using?

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
I had my limiter strap sucked up 2 holes and torsion settings on 3. It was playful and still kept skis down fairly well in climbs. Got a 175 coming and I'm thinking the skis will be fairly planted. Going to go out on stock settings on day one.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I guess, based on the responses so far, it makes sense to get the upgrade. It'll be interesting to see if the handlebar remote works as advertised.

Looking for information on this. Do you have a link to the handlebar mount system? Or a place I can read about it.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Looking for information on this. Do you have a link to the handlebar mount system? Or a place I can read about it.

Saw it in the Ski-doo 2018 catalog (pdf on their website). Page 169:

NEW Remote Limiter Strap Adjuster
• Allows rider to tune handling to current snow conditions and terrain.
• Quickly change limiter strap length from the handlebar.
• Control mounts to riser block.
• Adjustment range is equivalent to 2 holes on a conventional strap (1.3"/34 mm).
• 2 settings to choose from: holes 3 to 5 or 2 to 4 on conventional strap.
• US patent 9022156.
REV Gen4 with tMotion & cMotion rear suspensions
$269.99

B
Feb 18, 2009
The handle bar mount is a waste of money. Very easy to change it via the lever on the left side of the tunnel. I find I set mine mostly for condition types and generally don't change it often throughout the day...

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
The tunnel mount looks like it would be easiy broken with you foot. Perhaps I need to see on in person.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The handle bar mount is a waste of money. Very easy to change it via the lever on the left side of the tunnel. I find I set mine mostly for condition types and generally don't change it often throughout the day...

Did you set it up for the 2 and 4 or 3 and 5 setting?

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
The tunnel mount looks like it would be easiy broken with you foot. Perhaps I need to see on in person.

Rode my 800 T3 for two years and never damaged it with my foot. I did get packed with snow and ice a few times though as stated previously. I would think that a rear arm relocation would be a better option of it's doing to many wheelies.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Was just about to post the link to this video! Thanks Dave. Would actually like to see how the mechanism works under the sled. Have you used the previous versions?

Mechanism works the same, the cable that ran to the previous side tunnel mount continues from there into under the fuel tank side door and comes out up the throttle cable and brake cable comes out. It works! Sorry for some reason it would not upload the vid, so i just put the link to youtube

Premium Features