• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Summit SnoCheck Sled Deliveries

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
My dad picked up his on Saturday

030eb957bb8eac99fe763e0690de357a.jpg

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Other than the updated parts stated above, not really.
Though the coolant bottle is basically held on with a rubber band....not too hot on that.

T

Trailsweeper

Jan 16, 2013
Other than the updated parts stated above, not really.
Though the coolant bottle is basically held on with a rubber band....not too hot on that.

So same coolant bottle with the molded in plug holder? Is yours electric start and does it have the recoil pull handle holder as a bandaid to prevent breaking the bottle?

Same console switches that were freezing up for some guys?

Anything different with the rubber boots that the steering go through?

Same chaincase bolt retention pin that just keeps it in place by the small indents?

arn2805

Lifetime Membership
Mar 31, 2013
Did the front grille come stock or was that an add on? Ive heard the grille may come stock now. About time if so.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
So it is shot equipped model.

Coolant bottle no longer has the molded plug holder. But is only mounted on by a rubber plug on bottom of the bottle. It literally just flops around.

Same console switches...

Boots look to be the same bad design...

Chaincase bolt may slightly different.

Front nose cone vents, come stock with a screen kit now, which is great.

Primary fins "may help" with the clutch heat...

Don't have any faith in the "hole" through the clutch cover. Did that last season absolutely no good.

The bulkhead reinforcement plate has a 1"-1.25" hole drilled out on the clutch side.

Oh and the clicker bolts are now a torqs 25 instead of Allen's. The clutch spreader tool is now a torqs and Phillips head.

New primary weights roughly 4 grams heavier than last years. This just the bare weight.

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Interesting on the 4 grams. I heard others say that was all it needed. That wasn't enough to keep my 165 or 154 from over revving on setting 2. I added 6....

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Interesting on the 4 grams. I heard others say that was all it needed. That wasn't enough to keep my 165 or 154 from over revving on setting 2. I added 6....

Yes, but the 4 grams is spread out in the weight where it is more useful. Not in the bolt that has less effect.

So we shall see how it does.

Premium Features