• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CFR Bars

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Looking at going with CFR boondocker 2.0 bars this winter but not sure what all is needed for the setup.. Input/pics appreciated! Not wanting to go any taller than stock, if anything maybe an inch shorter.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
CFR makes an adapter to add them to the stock riser, but that will raise bar height. Stock height on the 2018 is 1" lower I heard. So pick the riser height plus the 2" boondocker bar height and your good to go. I modified a 2016 XM adjustable riser to fit the T-post on the Gen4. Works pretty good. Picture below.
e82a96c1370e40e79259587eb87fb4cb.jpg

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Looks good! How do they feel compared to stock? Are they any wider? In some pics ive seen they look wide but might be deceiving

They are maybe a bit narrower. With the 8" ruffian grips, it allows me to pull my hand in a bit when sidehilling but hold them wider when I want to as well. They feel great and way stiffer than stock. Which makes me notice the play in the steering block even more.

Motodrew

Lifetime Membership
The Boondocker 2.0 bars are tapered from 1 1/8" in the center to 7/8" at the grips. This helps disperse shock & vibrations. The angles of the bar appeared to be exactly the same to the stock Skidoo 7/8" bar. They practically spooned each other when I placed them next to each other. Not only does CFR make a riser that works, but FLY Racing makes one as well. I went with their 4" riser.

Here is my setup before & after bag/handgaurds added:

nriJiQEh.jpg

IXH1Kpph.jpg

XdIIh80h.jpg

Motodrew

Lifetime Membership
Premium Features